700W smps design

harinikrishna

Joined Apr 3, 2020
Hi,
hope you are doing good.
i want to design a smps with input 170-270V AC and output to be 70V 10A, 700 W DC.
while flyback converter be suitable for 700W application?
If not could you pleas suggest a suitable converter for 700W power rating?

Thank-you
Warm Regards
Harini Krishna

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
That some amount of power and lethal voltage to be handling, even for an experienced designer,
Whats you level of experience of designing these sort of things ?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
i am new to this
This is not a suitable project for a first timer. The voltage and current levels are potentially lethal and your skills at reading datasheets and evaluating alternative components will be severely tested. This kind of circuit is unsuitable for implementation on a breadboard; it must be developed by making a series of PC boards. Do you posses the economic resources for maybe five board turns? Do you have the test equipment that will be required to probe and evaluate this design. If not then you need to approach the final solution via an indirect path. That path starts by building something more modest for your first go around. The experience you gain will be invaluable.

Take my advice or don't take my advice, but don't bother complaining about my advice.

harinikrishna

Joined Apr 3, 2020
This is not a suitable project for a first timer. The voltage and current levels are potentially lethal and your skills at reading datasheets and evaluating alternative components will be severely tested. This kind of circuit is unsuitable for implementation on a breadboard; it must be developed by making a series of PC boards. Do you posses the economic resources for maybe five board turns? Do you have the test equipment that will be required to probe and evaluate this design. If not then you need to approach the final solution via an indirect path. That path starts by building something more modest for your first go around. The experience you gain will be invaluable.

Take my advice or don't take my advice, but don't bother complaining about my advice.
Hi,
hope you are doing good.
thanks a lot for your advice
i haven't got into the hardware yet. i am trying to simulate the flyback converter in Matlab with 170-270V AC input and output to be 70V 10A, DC .
I am following https://www.rohm.com/documents/1130...f-b9e5-45b6-8730-893b4c12547f?t=1421281052193

a document from rohms for the design. i have mismatch values between the document design and the calculations (turns ratio and duty cycle).

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi,
hope you are doing good.
thanks a lot for your advice
i haven't got into the hardware yet. i am trying to simulate the flyback converter in Matlab with 170-270V AC input and output to be 70V 10A, DC .
I am following https://www.rohm.com/documents/1130...f-b9e5-45b6-8730-893b4c12547f?t=1421281052193

a document from rohms for the design. i have mismatch values between the document design and the calculations (turns ratio and duty cycle).
This is exactly the sort of magical thinking that can and will kill you. You should however proceed with solving the problems in the 36 Watt design since that will provide a learning experience. I also recommend that you acquire a textbook on the subject. They are available for $25.00 or less so that as you progress you will have a solid theoretical basis for your decisions and experiments. This is not the kind of stuff you can copy and paste. Especially when things go wrong -- you will be at sea.