555 HYSTERETIC OSCILLATOR help

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Exactly
and when
separate control voltage=0 frequency output=0
frequency output must changed by separate control voltage
this is possible?:(
You said twice that the frequency range does not matter, but now you're saying you need the bottom of the range fixed so that 0V gives 0Hz, ie. a flat DC voltage?

Back in #7 it was mentioned that you could get a voltage-to-frequency conversion using the control pin (5) of the 555. Is that not acceptable? Bill asked for the map of voltage to frequency that you want.

We're a long way into this thread and still don't know what you want. There are many VCO circuits you can find, but choosing one requires knowing the specifications.

king40

Joined Jul 17, 2013
You said twice that the frequency range does not matter, but now you're saying you need the bottom of the range fixed so that 0V gives 0Hz, ie. a flat DC voltage?

Back in #7 it was mentioned that you could get a voltage-to-frequency conversion using the control pin (5) of the 555. Is that not acceptable? Bill asked for the map of voltage to frequency that you want.

We're a long way into this thread and still don't know what you want. There are many VCO circuits you can find, but choosing one requires knowing the specifications.
thanks for answer
i just want to convert voltage to frequency with 555
but all circuits exist about this just convert VCC to frequency
i want convert my input voltage to frequency not VCC :rolleyes:

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
thanks for answer
i just want to convert voltage to frequency with 555
but all circuits exist about this just convert VCC to frequency
i want convert my input voltage to frequency not VCC :rolleyes:
You are misinformed. I don't remember seeing a vco that converts vcc to frequency.
Have a look at LM331.
There are others available.