5 pin relay socket - any sources?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Those are for soldering in, most socket type relays are either Automotive or din rail,, you could try using dil sockets..

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Those are for soldering in, most socket type relays are either Automotive or din rail,, you could try using dil sockets..
Yes, lots of automotive blade sockets out there. Think I might just pigtail a 5 pin header strip onto one so I can plug it into a breadboard. Been looking for a while and no one seems to make a standard pin adapter or socket for them.

There are no sockets for these cube relays as they have thin, flat pins which can't make good contact (to 5A) with socket pins. They are intended for PCB mount only. The relays do last a long time if there is no contact arcing.
The only sockets I have seen is in on DIN-rail mount relays and they use different relays, with thick pins.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
The 8/10 pin signal relays fit nicely into the standard DIP sockets, which I built a protoboard module for as they are far too sloppy a fit on a breadboard. Look like I will just pigtail a couple of them to play with since I already have a few.