48v 100a bms not charging or discharging

Anders2020

Joined Aug 6, 2019
I have a leoch battery bms which my software can see via rs232 and get voltages of cells.
But I can't turn on charge or discharge mosfet in the software, error is operate fail.
The alm led is constant on and nor other led are on. It's also emitting beep every second.
Anyone know how to reset alarm condition and enable charging and discharging?

Pack voltage is 49.9v and all 15 cells are at 3.3v

I have a leoch battery bms which my software can see via rs232 and get voltages of cells.
But I can't turn on charge or discharge mosfet in the software, error is operate fail.
The alm led is constant on and nor other led are on. It's also emitting beep every second.

I have the same problem
Is there some solution.
Does this mean the Bms is faulty.

Polinho

Joined Jul 11, 2020
hi guys, the same problem here
a tryed to dessassembly the bms and remove the little battery, but the problem persist.
i think the only way is to make some button combination in the lcd panel or change the bms for an imported one
do you have any news?

acme

Joined Jan 3, 2018

I don't have a solution for your issue (sorry). But if you don't mind, what software are you using to monitor your battery?
@Anders2020

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there never been a solution to this problem? I started having this problem too. I was driving home with the leoch battery in the car. At one point it started beeping and it beeped ever since. It seems to have something to do with the G-sensor being activate (G-sensor is open). something to do with protecting the battery from stealing. I just bought the damn thing in a shop. where it was unpacked on the shelf showing all normal parameters... Until driving with that battery in the back of the car.. I downloaded BMS software (third party) to see if I can manage the battery or g-sensor over there.

Has there never been a solution to this problem? I started having this problem too. I was driving home with the leoch battery in the car. At one point it started beeping and it beeped ever since. It seems to have something to do with the G-sensor being activate (G-sensor is open). something to do with protecting the battery from stealing. I just bought the damn thing in a shop. where it was unpacked on the shelf showing all normal parameters... Until driving with that battery in the back of the car.. I downloaded BMS software (third party) to see if I can manage the battery or g-sensor over there.
Hi I have a similar problem with Both Huawei esm-48100b and leoch 100a.Did you finally find a solution ?

Hi I have a similar problem with Both Huawei esm-48100b and leoch 100a.Did you finally find a solution ?
Yes I have!! It took a while, but the shop where you bought it from has to contact Leoch. Most likely it is because of the activation of the G-sensor (anti-theft protection). That is disabling the battery with no way of fixing it yourself. You need a little piece of software that Leoch can provide you. I am not allowed to share that here because the obvious anti-theft reason.

Yes I have!! It took a while, but the shop where you bought it from has to contact Leoch. Most likely it is because of the activation of the G-sensor (anti-theft protection). That is disabling the battery with no way of fixing it yourself. You need a little piece of software that Leoch can provide you. I am not allowed to share that here because the obvious anti-theft reason.
hello Nicolaas, i have same problem, would you be so kind to help me? Thanks in advance

hello Nicolaas, i have same problem, would you be so kind to help me? Thanks in advance

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Here is an uninformed question from a new person on this thread: Does the battery management system include a battery charger??
I am not at all familiar with a "Leach 48 volt battery" The 100Amp description is a puzzle also, couls that be "100 Amp hours"?

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
Battery management devices normally just handle protection (from overcharging, discharging over-current and depth, sometimes temperature) and balancing. Charging is almost always a separate brick that supplies power and manages the appropriate charging voltage/current profile for the battery type.

Cosmo001

Joined Jan 1, 2024

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, now another question: WHAT does that "Leach" brand battery package power?? It seems that it would be an item to avoid in the used market.
And the question about "did it include a charger" was because some folks would call both the BMS, no matter what others call it.