4 quadrant multiplier

romy

Joined Nov 30, 2008
hi
any 1 could help me to design a 4 quadrant multiplier, i have no idea of analog circuit so if possible can u tell me where is best way to start the work.

with regards
romy

romy

Joined Nov 30, 2008
i guess data sheet will not work for me, its a course work to design a 4 quadrant multiplier using bjt so could u sent me a link about it

many thanks
romy

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Well, if the schematic in the data sheet isn't enough to give you a start...

I have moved this ti the Homework section. Post up what you have got accomplished and we'll lend a hand.

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
hi
any 1 could help me to design a 4 quadrant multiplier, i have no idea of analog circuit so if possible can u tell me where is best way to start the work.

with regards
romy
I hope you are exaggerating when you say you have no idea of analog circuits. A four quadrant multiplier is not the place to start learning. In my opinion, if your statement is accurate, the best way to start is to learn about simple OPAMP circuits like the inverting amplifier, and then study the principles of a bipolar junction transistor and pay attention to the temperature dependence of that device. Then, you will be in better position to tackle the multiplier circuits.

pedot

Joined Dec 1, 2008
hi..

I also need to design 4 quadrant multiplier..using bjt
by referring to suggested references..now i know how to start..

Many thanks.