4 khz pulsed signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
It is not just a question of frequency, but power levels as well. My precise question is: "What is the purpose of both the frequency AND the power level"?
thank you gentlemen of patience, sorry if at the beginning it was very confusing, but then I chose the most suitable solution for me and that is the radar. However, the frequency multiplier that you spoke to me therefore serves to increase the frequency while leaving the power unchanged? Because in fact, as I said, I only need a frequency higher than 1 ghz and therefore I am not even interested in modulating except to increase the frequency with the beats. So if I use a transitor with 1200 watt power and 500 mhz frequency, can I multiply the frequency to my liking? If so, as I understand then tell me how it works so we have resolved the discussion

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
thank you gentlemen of patience, sorry if at the beginning it was very confusing, but then I chose the most suitable solution for me and that is the radar. However, the frequency multiplier that you spoke to me therefore serves to increase the frequency while leaving the power unchanged? Because in fact, as I said, I only need a frequency higher than 1 ghz and therefore I am not even interested in modulating except to increase the frequency with the beats. So if I use a transitor with 1200 watt power and 500 mhz frequency, can I multiply the frequency to my liking? If so, as I understand then tell me how it works so we have resolved the discussion
You buy or construct a Variable Frequency Oscillator (VFO) with a center frequency and bandwidth appropriate to your purpose. you run a small portion of the output frequency through a divider to produce a 10 Mhz. output at the center frequency of the VFO. For example suppose you want a VFO with a center frequency of 1.85 Ghz., you would need a divide by 185 circuit. The prime factors are 5 and 37. You would apply this output to a phase comparator along with a 10 MHz reference and adjust the VFO so that the 1.85 Ghz output matches the phase of the 10 Mhz. reference. This "phase lock" will respond to small variations in the VFO output and apply a correction to the VFO frequency in response.

Here is one that is close and is in the "inexpensive" range. They can get pricey.
VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) 0.5 inch SMT (Surface Mount), Frequency of 1.5 GHz to 2.1 GHz, Phase Noise -87 dBc/Hz (fairviewmicrowave.com)

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I think this is as far as we can go with this thread. It is starting to sound like we are likely to put Tryui in danger by giving more information. If there are strong feelings that this thread needs to be reopened, click the REPORT button below and make your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.