3 Phase BLDC Motor Controller

hcg202

Joined Sep 10, 2014
Hello,

Right now I am working on a project to control a 3 Phase BLDC Motor by designing my own controller for it. I have specified different control operations (feedback, voltage/current monitoring), but before I figure those out I need to make sure I can drive my motor with my basic controller.

I am using a 48V, 20Ah hub motor from Conhis Motor. I also ordered a controller from the company to make sure my motor works correctly which it does. I have attached the designs of my gate driver set up as well as my H-bridge status. We are using STP40NF20 MOSFET for our H-Bridge and IR2110 gate drivers

We are using a dsPIC33fj16GS502 to generate the PWM signals that are being input into the gate drivers. I've also attached how we are setting up our 6 PWM signals. Our signals are from 0V to about 4.5V, well above the gate driver's 3.3V minimum input.

Currently when we set everything up we are getting a flat 10V-ish output on the gate drivers and no movement on the motor. Any help will be very helpful.

Attachments

hcg202

Joined Sep 10, 2014
The motor we are using has 3 internal Hall sensors and I designed the attached Hall circuit. There is also an additional 3.3kΩ resistor going to the microcontroller for protection. We are using ADC capabilities of the microcontroller to use this information for motor control feedback. I was under the impression it wasn't necessary to just get the motor to move.

Attachments