2s PCB pack with off/on switch output issues

ju1234

Joined Sep 15, 2018
Hello, first I am naive in electronic matters. I am trying to make a power pack using 18650 X 2. I have attached a photo (don't know how to draw circuits). I am using a battery holder that has an off/on switch. I experimented with temporary connections. With the configuration shown, the output at P+ P- is 3.5v when the switch is off and 8.3 when switch is on, but it is always powered. First question: is this expected and normal? My aim for putting a switch was to make it so there is output at P+ P- only when I turn some sort of switch on so it is not powered all the time and accidentally short circuits etc. I understand that I can move the switch distal to P+ to accomplish that. Am I correct so far? However with that configuration, the battery connections B+ B- and BM will always be connected to the PCB. Does the PCB act as a switch also so it works only when there is load at P+ P-? Any other way this can be done?

Next question: with shown configuration, if charging voltage (8.4v) is applied to P+ P- when the switch is in off position (forget to turn it on), will that cause problems?IMG_20190726_174954.jpg

ju1234

Joined Sep 15, 2018
I thought of another question. Before it starts working, the PCB has to be activated by applying a charging input . With the circuit as shown above, each time the switch is turned off will the PCB go inactive and only work after charging power is input? Thanks for the help.