2ND set of eyes to look at my design - PIR 412 with OPTOCOUPLER output

blackwolf1778

Joined Nov 23, 2023
anyone with experience mind looking over my circuit design, the intension is to use a PIR sensor to detect motion and turn on 4 leds for 30 sec then back off if motion is no longer detected, my concern is if i overlooked something required on the PIR and is the outputing transistor going to function properly

data sheet for PIR - https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/product-files/4666/Datasheet.pdf

+12V source is AUTO bat voltage of 12-14.4V , leds are 3.2v forward @ 20ma hoever resistor value is calculated @ 14.4v and willl just be more dim when @ 12V is intentions.

thanks for for 2nd set of eyes! schv3.PNG

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Since you only have one power supply, and no reason for isolation between the input and output, what's the purpose of the optocoupler?

blackwolf1778

Joined Nov 23, 2023
yeah not sure what i was thinking.... i originally was using a Phototransistor to trigger the circuit and needed a opto was remnants of that just didnt rethink it. anyhow i attached changes can you guys weigh in on it? thanks , typically i get on fiver.com and pay some random person $10 to simulate the circuit for me however have had mixed luck with that. if anyone is good at simulations and up for it shoot me your paypal lol

Attachments

blackwolf1778

Joined Nov 23, 2023
shit, obviously self taught extreme amateur here... q1 is rated for 60v and 115mA leds will be <80mA\

thanks a ton for the assistance!