22-24 awg wire what size fuse

Jason Andrew Langgin

Joined Feb 26, 2018
I have total with (2) different loads= 6ft 22-24 awg wire coming from unit about crimped onto 16awg wire ran about =12ft
Both using same add a circuit for 2 amp fuse I can't find lower for a micro ATM
Units only total =600ma ;(

what size fuse?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I have total with (2) different loads= 6ft 22-24 awg wire coming from unit about crimped onto 16awg wire ran about =12ft
Both using same add a circuit for 2 amp fuse I can't find lower for a micro ATM
Units only total =600ma ;(

what size fuse?
What is the goal of your fuse, what is it protecting? I think if you can answer that, you'll have your answer.

Jason Andrew Langgin

Joined Feb 26, 2018
What is the goal of your fuse, what is it protecting? I think if you can answer that, you'll have your answer.
It's suppose to be protecting the wireing

I have 3 seperate circuits powered off a relay using a fuse tap with a 2a fuse

But the total draw is at 2.1amps for the 3 circuits

So won't 2a fuse be to much if each one is starring

Should I get a inline fuse for each circuit ? On top of the relay fuse maybe two 1/2 amp fuses
Then leave the 2 amp fuse attached for the last load that requires 1.5amps

I have been trying to figure this out but not getting the answers unfortunately probably my fault

Here is a pic

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
It's suppose to be protecting the wireing
Well you can figure the maximum current for chassis wiring using AWG 22 copper wire is right about 7 Amps and for AWG 24 copper wire that drops to about 3.5 Amps. So fusing for ampacity of the wire gauge I would fuse at 3 to 6 amps depending on what you actually have.

Ron

Jason Andrew Langgin

Joined Feb 26, 2018
Well you can figure the maximum current for chassis wiring using AWG 22 copper wire is right about 7 Amps and for AWG 24 copper wire that drops to about 3.5 Amps. So fusing for ampacity of the wire gauge I would fuse at 3 to 6 amps depending on what you actually have.

Ron
What's the difference between

Transmission vs chassis wiring what does that mean?

Also so if I total 2.1 amps using mostly 16awg wiring that I'm installing including the pre built
Wires they use which are like really tiny
(22-24awg) all running off a 5 amp fuse to fuse panel I should be good then since the actual wire can handle 7 amps correct?