2017 New year resolutions

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Mine are the usual, drink less, exercise, loose a few pounds, keep my mind busy by learning new things. (e.g. why I enjoy AAC..)

Now that the elections are over, find better ways to spend my time, can't change anything now anyway, so I'll stop posting garbage on the matter.

Use my like button more often, let people vent if they need to, don't take things personal, it's their opinion it's called freedom of speech.

If I'm wrong admit it, then acknowledge the person who helped me realize it. Obivously with that said, I don't put people on an ignore list, never have.

Feel free I don't own this Thread, you do.

kv

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
My resolutions:
  • Continue avoiding political threads, as they disturb my sense of inner tranquillity.
  • Continue searching for the penultimate single malt Scotch.
  • Learn to make really killer meatloaf.
  • Lose 20 pounds.
  • Design at least one truly astounding electronic doohickey.
  • Get out to the pistol range more.
  • Take another mega road trip and finish visiting every state in the US.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Why would I do anything differently?
My life is organized according to my wishes. I don't respect the calendar, the clock, or people who want me to change.
I do whatever I want, any time I want.
Nobody in their right mind would resolve to change that kind of situation!

ClassOfZero

Joined Dec 28, 2016
Get back into my leathers.
Finish the 4Runner.
New chuck & lead screw for the lathe.
See the Child finish high school, whether I not I get to see him again who knows.

Come December ride to somewhere isolated, take some music, find a tree to sit under and then that's me done.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Get back on the Low Carb bandwagon (again). Today is about Day 5 and so far so good.

Start actually taking my supplements like I am supposed to. Since my gastro surgery I really need to be taking calcium, B-12, and iron since my body can't absorb them well anymore. But for going on a year I have not been taking anything (including my prescription drugs) and I suspect I am starting to see the effects. Stupid me.

Go in and see my doctor (and accept that he is going to give me a very well-deserved tongue lashing since I haven't seen him in right about a year instead of the every three months I am supposed to).

Get down to 175 lb (my lowest weight in high school, but frankly any weight that starts with a '1' will be acceptable) -- I'm now less than 50 lb from that goal (which certainly beats the 233 lb that I was at one point).

Jump out of perfectly good airplane. They keep lowering the weight limit. For a long time it was 250 lb, then when I got to that they lowered it to 225 lb, when I hit that (and I've just hit it again) they lowered it to 215 lb. But, damn it, I really WANT to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, so I'm gonna make it happen this year!

Get my daughter into at least five states this summer.

ClassOfZero

Joined Dec 28, 2016
I known a few who've jumped........there's nothing "perfectly good" about the planes, by all accounts jumping seems the most sensible thing to do, apart from not initially climbing aboard. ;)

Look at it this way, it's a good health incentive that they keep lowering the limit.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Well, I've made it to the 215 lb mark, which I've been at twice (now three times) since my surgery but have never been able to push any lower. We'll see what happens this time. I'm guardedly optimistic.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Why would I do anything differently?
My life is organized according to my wishes. I don't respect the calendar, the clock, or people who want me to change.
I do whatever I want, any time I want.
Nobody in their right mind would resolve to change that kind of situation!
All that and be more offensive to internet trolls and general online idiots. Win Win for me in 2017! :D