In rectifier circuit, if the forward current is too high for a single diode to handle, what should one do? i will think of using 2 same diodes in parallel to solve this problem. However i get response that i should not do this. Can anyone explain why? I do know that there's no 2 EXACT same diodes practically and the current will not divide equally. However I don't see any issue here, even if the current divides 70% vs 30% because of mismatch of diodes, it will not cause any harm to the diodes as long as 70% of total current does not exceed the power handling of the diode.
If i use 2 same diodes in parallel, i do not expect diode mismatch will cause the entire current to flow through 1 of the diodes or result in high current mismatch. I expect maybe worst case a 60% vs 40% current mismatch.
If i use 2 same diodes in parallel, i do not expect diode mismatch will cause the entire current to flow through 1 of the diodes or result in high current mismatch. I expect maybe worst case a 60% vs 40% current mismatch.