2 amplifiers outputs connected in series to one speaker...

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Hi.
How bad idea is this, if possible ?
Amplifiers are class C in a stereo chip. Single monophonic unbalanced signal paralleled into both inputs; single speaker at series-bridged outputs. Data sheet does not touch bridging subject.
Goal is to obtain maximum loudness powered by one 18650 cell.

Data sheet is ---> https://www.elecrow.com/download/PAM8403-datasheet.pdf

Edited... Sorry goofed again ! Were says class 'C' should say class 'D'

Last edited:
Inherently, I would think that class D isn't bridgeable unless they are powered from different isolated power supplies.

Think like two H-bridges driven out of phase powered by the same power supply. That won't work.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Not to get too far off of your question, but if you're lacking in volume then before you spend the time to figure out putting the amplifiers in series, make sure that the amplifier isn't falling short due to lack of current capacity. If the amplifier is already delivering it's maximum current capacity to the speaker, then adding another amplifier in series to the same load won't increase your maximum volume. If current is the limiting factor, then running the amplifiers in parallel (if possible) would give you more benefit.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Your PAM8403 class-D chip is a stereo (2-channel) amplifier. Each channel already has bridged output. You cannot bridge the two channels.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
More volume: Doubling the volume means consuming four times the energy. Because of the exponential growth of needed energy to make louder music, there's a limit to how loud an amp can be. If you had unlimited power - um - well, I wish I had unlimited power. But take for example; a 1 inch square (or cm or mm or any measurement you like) has one square inch. A 2 inch square (twice as big) has four square inches. Same is true with power consumption. Double the work you quadruple the power. Driving a car at twice the speed consumes four times the fuel. {in theory} {your actual mileage may vary} {just sayin'}