1TB WD HDD from China

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Oh come on. Are you saying you were cheated? I refuse to believe it. It could just be the Chinese have been making leaps and bounds in data storage and your own prejudice is refusing to let you believe it. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Actually it is hilarious. You would think it would have been a lot easier providing you with what you paid for rather than trying to figure our how to hack a flash drive.
But consider that once you figure out how to hack a flash drive, you now have the ability to create millions upon millions of cheap counterfeit drives, so the amortized effort is essentially zero. If you are going to cheat on that scale, how hard would it be to hire just one of the thousands of people that work for a legit flash drive company that would have the knowledge right on hand to hack the device? Offer a couple hundred grand for a couple weeks of "consulting" effort and....

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
My wife (who's from Taiwan) calls them "spicy girls".

I have very mixed feelings about them. Like most males, I have no objection looking at a pretty girl and I freely admit that, given two options at a trade fair I will almost certainly gravitate toward one that has a scantily clad young beauty in front of it. So it's a strategy that works.

But what real qualities to most of these girls bring to their job? They're pretty (often VERY pretty). That's about it. In some instances they are well trained on how to move and how to talk so that they come across as highly-skilled spokeswomen, but that is more often than not just an illusion -- the equivalent of a telemarketer reading a script for a product they actually know nothing about.

So I ask myself how I will view my daughter, who appears to have the potential to be a very lovely lady some day, if she chooses to trade only on her beauty as her only marketable skill. I think part of the answer to that would depend on if she were to truly end up not having the ability to develop any other skills. But what if it's apparent that she DID have the ability to develop other skills but chose not to because she saw this as an easy way to make a living? Of course, this is leaving aside the whole question of just how long these girls are able to make a living based on their looks and what they do once they are too old and/or their looks fade away leaving them with only those other often-nonexistent skills.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
So I ask myself how I will view my daughter, who appears to have the potential to be a very lovely lady some day
Having a daughter changes every previous perception that a man had about women. Suddenly the full weight of responsibility falls on our shoulders, and the strange thing is that we're not only willing to carry it, but we also feel privileged of doing it so.

A man who has a daughter will never be alone.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Nice HDD huh !

View attachment 100892

This is what one get when one get's greedy.

It is really amazing how carefully they matched the weight. They apparently knew that the two anchors were needed plus two nuts and a split lock washer to make 1Tb. You apparently got the high quality version. It looks like those anchors have a chromate conversion passivation coating. Nice.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Having a daughter changes every previous perception that a man had about women.
It certainly does! We become very conflicted because we know how we look at women (very naturally, too) and we consider how we want men looking at our daughters and it creates a real conundrum for us. We look at how other women behave (that we had no problem with before) and we consider how we would want our daughters to behave. Another conundrum.

Suddenly the full weight of responsibility falls on our shoulders, and the strange thing is that we're not only willing to carry it, but we also feel privileged of doing it so.
And it is a very mixed privilege. We want to raise our daughters well and feel both an amazing burden and an incredibly rewarding opportunity in doing so. But we have to remember that, at the end of the day, they will make their own decisions and have to life with their consequences.

A man who has a daughter will never be alone.
Now THAT could be interpreted in a really creepy way! :D

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It is really amazing how carefully they matched the weight. They apparently knew that the two anchors were needed plus two nuts and a split lock washer to make 1Tb. You apparently got the high quality version. It looks like those anchors have a chromate conversion passivation coating. Nice.
It would be interesting to know if they truly matched the weight or were just in the ballpark. It would also be interesting to know if any effort was made to match the weight distribution (e.g., location of the center of gravity). I guess that would really depend on what kind of inspections they need to defeat. I suspect that just the two bolts would be sufficient to get pas the end-user. Heck, no bolts at all would probably fail to raise a warning bell for 90+% of end users who have no idea what a drive should way and would write it off as just, "these just keep getting lighter all the time."

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
My wife (who's from Taiwan) calls them "spicy girls".

I have very mixed feelings about them. Like most males, I have no objection looking at a pretty girl and I freely admit that, given two options at a trade fair I will almost certainly gravitate toward one that has a scantily clad young beauty in front of it. So it's a strategy that works.

But what real qualities to most of these girls bring to their job? They're pretty (often VERY pretty). That's about it. In some instances they are well trained on how to move and how to talk so that they come across as highly-skilled spokeswomen, but that is more often than not just an illusion -- the equivalent of a telemarketer reading a script for a product they actually know nothing about.

So I ask myself how I will view my daughter, who appears to have the potential to be a very lovely lady some day, if she chooses to trade only on her beauty as her only marketable skill. I think part of the answer to that would depend on if she were to truly end up not having the ability to develop any other skills. But what if it's apparent that she DID have the ability to develop other skills but chose not to because she saw this as an easy way to make a living? Of course, this is leaving aside the whole question of just how long these girls are able to make a living based on their looks and what they do once they are too old and/or their looks fade away leaving them with only those other often-nonexistent skills.
The spicy girl just a general(total) name, it used to describe the girls who has a good body shape and addressing less clothes to show their body, and they look very hot, also they have different name as show girls, dancing girls, pole dancing girl, etc, show girls almost show up in some kinds of show, as trade show, marketing show, department store promotion show, etc,..

The show girls are more hot in China Car(Auto) show, if you want to take a look then using "China auto show" to search or change different word will get different results.

The quality of show girls are very good, many of them are students, because they need to promote the products, also they need to training the speaking skills, most of them are very pretty and attract the eye balls of guests, so many people go there to catch the pretty images, all for the girls not for the show.