1N5819HW-7-F Does the same model have different labels?

josmle

Joined Feb 23, 2023
1N5819HW-7-F.jpg
1N5819HW-7-F seems to have a big difference in the label format, is this normal? Or could there be a problem?

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
The later reel, with more info on label, possibly is selected devices for a specific customer - the NOTE reference may indicate the selection criteria and the part # acquires a -01 suffix.

josmle

Joined Feb 23, 2023
I don't know if I can get the information from the official website or the agency? I purchased this from a smt factory

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It looks like they are the same manufacturer part number. The reel on top has a "house number" which is most likely the customer's part number for their inventory system and they spent the extra money to get them custom labeled to make their inventory control system function better. It's also possible that there might be some binning involved or additional specs -- that would be indicated via the document associated with the Note on the label -- but that information is almost certainly restricted to just that customer.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'd be willing to bet that the house-numbered parts at least meet the official specs for that part. If the customer were trying to save some money by being willing to purchase reject parts that met a looser spec, the manufacturer almost certainly would NOT package them with their official part number, but would instead come up with some kind of a one-off part number for them.