1Hz Signal, Counting Bits, Frequency Divider (Guidance Requested)

Guest3123

Joined Oct 28, 2014
Any of 15pF, 22pF, 33pF will do nicely. As you can see here the change in frequency is very slight, in the fifth digit of the frequency.
Incidentally, is he actually saying "a capacitor in serious with the crystal" or is that just his accent?
How about this guy.. He's talking about Cuwent in Seawees Circuits. Not only that, but it seems he was playing with super glue at some point before doing this video.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
lol, I've been watching videos NON STOP about the SR Latch, SR Flip Flop, and the JK Flip flop..

I did this video of the circuit in Circuit Simulator in response to my understanding of the JK Flip flop. I think I understand it now, but it's kinda crazy that the NAND has three inputs.

The video : NAND JK FLIP FLOP TOGGLE ANIMATION

Basically, JK are high, so technically, it's like they're tied together.
you could tie J & K together and take them low - then nothing would happen when you clocked it.........

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
A Clock is the main goal. I want to learn one thing at a time. So the 1Hz signal is what I'm trying to do right now. I don't want to mess with 555 timers, they're not accurate. I'll use a 32.768Khz crystal.
Hi

If you don't want to mess with 555 timers then you probably don't want to mess with CD4060's either.

If your just trying to learn basics, use a simple RC clock generator (CD40106) set for 1hz. Use it to drive a CD4013 so you can see how it divides the signal by two.

Really, this sort of conceptual stuff can easily be demonstrated on a simulator so you don't really need to buy parts.