12v PWM Controller with thermal detection?

Moonities

Joined Feb 27, 2019
Hi guys little bit of a noob with circuits I'm trying to make a fan controller that I can fit 4 to 6 pwm pc fans 12v and if possible some sort of thermal controller where if it get to a set temp with in the case it can bump the fan speed up

Massive thank you in advance I'm sure you guys get sick of noobs asking silly questions

Moon

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
That controller ahould be OK for the fans.
Note the Temperature and Speed Spec of the controller.
Does it meet your speed/temp requirements.?

Clip:
Function setting switch Description:
TFL (No. 1): The lowest temperature channel PWM setting, when ON state FAN1 PWM minimum is 40%, when OFF the minimum PWM of FAN1 is 20%.
TP1 TP2 (No. 2,3): Temperature channel control temperature zones are interpreted as follows (need to used with the temperature probe):
TP1 TP2 Accelerating temperature Full speed temperature
OFF OFF 35℃ 45℃
ON OFF 40℃ 55℃
OFF ON 50℃ 70℃
ON ON 60℃ 90℃
When the temperature lower than the accelerated temperature, then output at the minimum rotation speed; when it exceed over the full temperature, then always output at full speed.

BF1 BF2 (No. 4,5): corresponds FAN1 FAN2 stall alarm function switch, when the corresponding open channel fan break down, the controller will alarm with sound and light (works with buzzle), alarm will automatically eliminated when the fan is rotated recovery . If BF1 and BF2 both are open (ON), the FAN1, FAN2 have any one or both stops, the controller will alarm!

Moonities

Joined Feb 27, 2019
hi,
That controller ahould be OK for the fans.
Note the Temperature and Speed Spec of the controller.
Does it meet your speed/temp requirements.?

Clip:
Function setting switch Description:
TFL (No. 1): The lowest temperature channel PWM setting, when ON state FAN1 PWM minimum is 40%, when OFF the minimum PWM of FAN1 is 20%.
TP1 TP2 (No. 2,3): Temperature channel control temperature zones are interpreted as follows (need to used with the temperature probe):
TP1 TP2 Accelerating temperature Full speed temperature
OFF OFF 35℃ 45℃
ON OFF 40℃ 55℃
OFF ON 50℃ 70℃
ON ON 60℃ 90℃
When the temperature lower than the accelerated temperature, then output at the minimum rotation speed; when it exceed over the full temperature, then always output at full speed.

BF1 BF2 (No. 4,5): corresponds FAN1 FAN2 stall alarm function switch, when the corresponding open channel fan break down, the controller will alarm with sound and light (works with buzzle), alarm will automatically eliminated when the fan is rotated recovery . If BF1 and BF2 both are open (ON), the FAN1, FAN2 have any one or both stops, the controller will alarm!
I'd say yeah really it's for a CNC controller board and the stepper drivers run super hot and cause issues when too hot which really affects built time

Moonities

Joined Feb 27, 2019
hi,

OK, sounds good, lets know how it goes.:)

E
So after working and working on it the thermal didn't have anyone of it but did get the fans to work and just used a thermostat just to keep an eye out on it!

I'm looking at a fume extractor design now with a HEPA filter who ever made it put a strange veriable circuit with it but I'm not sure really why it's fully needed but would make for an interesting add on for a vlog for the printer I'm making Eric do you mind helping out with this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3033346

Take a look as see what you think I’m under the impression there is a better schematic I’d love to get a proper chip board made by one of them like jlcpcb