12v Led Light Circuit, dual power input with single power output

maxxxin2

Joined Dec 2, 2023
Greetings all,

I am looking to wire four LED strips (12v) under-dash and seats of my car. I'd like the lights to turn on when I open the door (door switch trigger) and then stay on when the car is on (possible acc wire trigger). I'd like this to be controlled by an on-off switch.

The LED lights come with a red and black wires and a 3 pin switch but would exchange for a suitable alternative switch.

Is there a simple switch setup for this circuit?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

Members are happy to help people with their circuits, but you seem to be asking someone to design a circuit for you from inadequate specifications.
I'd like the lights to turn on when I open the door (door switch trigger) and then stay on when the car is on (possible acc wire trigger). I'd like this to be controlled by an on-off switch.
  1. Do you want the door activation to stay on after the door is opened regardless of whether the car is ever started (or ignition switch put in ACC position)?
  2. How does the on/off switch interact with the ACC switch.
  3. What happens when the switch is in the RUN position?

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Do You know how to install a generic Alarm-Door-Jamb-Switch ?

Can You build a simple Circuit-Board for a Delay-Off-Timer-Circuit ?

maxxxin2

Joined Dec 2, 2023
Welcome to AAC!

Members are happy to help people with their circuits, but you seem to be asking someone to design a circuit for you from inadequate specifications.

1. Do you want the door activation to stay on after the door is opened regardless of whether the car is ever started (or ignition switch put in ACC position)?
  2. How does the on/off switch interact with the ACC switch.
  3. What happens when the switch is in the RUN position?
Thank you.
  • Do you want the door activation to stay on after the door is opened regardless of whether the car is ever started (or ignition switch put in ACC position)?
    • The door switch will provide a trigger as long as the door is open then turn off when closed. Once the key is put in and acc on then the power will be supplied from the acc trigger, supplying power to the LED lights.
  • How does the on/off switch interact with the ACC switch?
    • This will be the main on-off switch. This will disable the LED light from coming on. This would be downstream from either of the two power inputs, and thus supplying power to the LED lights (+).
  • What happens when the switch is in the RUN position?
    • Lights will turn on based on either the door trigger or acc trigger.

maxxxin2

Joined Dec 2, 2023
Do You know how to install a generic Alarm-Door-Jamb-Switch ?

Can You build a simple Circuit-Board for a Delay-Off-Timer-Circuit ?
Its been 30 years since I dabbled in the EE world, hence the wiring assistance I'm looking for. But to be honest I didn't think of going this route. Yes, I could do a generic Alarm-Door-Jamb-Switch.

maxxxin2

Joined Dec 2, 2023
Greetings all,

I am looking to wire four LED strips (12v) under-dash and seats of my car. I'd like the lights to turn on when I open the door (door switch trigger) and then stay on when the car is on (possible acc wire trigger). I'd like this to be controlled by an on-off switch.

The LED lights come with a red and black wires and a 3 pin switch but would exchange for a suitable alternative switch.

Is there a simple switch setup for this circuit?
I wasn't sure if it was a simple as using a DPST switch or something a bit more complex.