12V latching relay with 12v input trigger to dry contact

jdenman03

Joined Jun 28, 2022
Hello, I am doing a conversion in my jeep to automate the side steps to drop when I press the unlock button on my key. I want them to go back up on door lock OR when I turn the key in the ignition. I am doing this so that they automatically do it when I have the doors off the jeep (see video below for what I have done currently). My trigger wire is a 12v single pulse that goes to the door unlock or door lock. I am looking for something that when supplied the 12v pulse, the relay flips and latches causing my NO contact to close. The Door lock 12v pulse trigger or the ignition on would trigger the relay to flip back.

This is what I have currently set up to do (using a cheap 433mhz remote from amazon).

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Your Video-Link doesn't work for some reason.

If You can provide a complete Schematic of what You have now,
maybe someone here can help You.

jdenman03

Joined Jun 28, 2022
hi j03,
Link works OK for me.
Only shows the operation of the side step up/down, as requested, diagram would help.
E
Currently right now, I just have a simple NO switch wired to my door wire. When I press the button, the switch closes causing my steps to drop. Here's the link to the cheap wireless module I used. I'll draw up a diagram in the next day to what I am hoping to accomplish and post it on here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Z664D4P?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details