12v Coca Cola Fridge not working

Jti

Joined Sep 3, 2019
Hi there,

I recently bought a Coca Fridge as soon as I plug it in there is a mouse like sound and the Green LED is flickering. The fan has a pulse like behavior. It starts and stops at the same pace as the green LED. I tested the the wires between between the Main power source and the switch board and the power fluctuates.

What can be the problem?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Might be the power supply is overloaded and is in a hiccup restart mode. Wiring error, bad TEC.

ak

Last edited:

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
If it uses a SMPS then replace all the capacitors on the board. Its a common problem with fridges that use a Pelltier device for cooling.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The first step is a detailed mechanical examination to see what part is loose and moving that should not be loose and moving. We just got a PEPSI cooler in 4 weeks ago and the refrigeration unit was falling apart so that the fan blade was crashing into things. We did not wish to wait 3 weeks for service and so I put it back with wood wedges and duct tape.

In your case you can check the 12 volt supply with a DC voltmeter, it should be 12 volts steady. If not, return the piece of junk and get your money back.
Usually mechanical noises come from mechanical problems, but not always.
IS it a solid-state cooler, or a refrigerant type cooling system? If you are not able to recognize the difference then replacement is the best option.

Jti

Joined Sep 3, 2019
The first step is a detailed mechanical examination to see what part is loose and moving that should not be loose and moving. We just got a PEPSI cooler in 4 weeks ago and the refrigeration unit was falling apart so that the fan blade was crashing into things. We did not wish to wait 3 weeks for service and so I put it back with wood wedges and duct tape.

In your case you can check the 12 volt supply with a DC voltmeter, it should be 12 volts steady. If not, return the piece of junk and get your money back.
Usually mechanical noises come from mechanical problems, but not always.
IS it a solid-state cooler, or a refrigerant type cooling system? If you are not able to recognize the difference then replacement is the best option.
Hi, I bought the fridge second hand. Unfortunately there is no guarantee.

I found a swollen capacitor. Hope this is the problem.