12 VOLT POWER SUPPLY

David Bradley

Joined Oct 11, 2015
Hi

I have an FCB 1010 with a very noisy internal power supply. I have spliced into the wires coming out of the power supply with a socket. I pick up 10.5volts from my socket when the noisy internal power supply is used.

Can I now just unplug the fcb from the mains (uk ). then plug in a nice quiet 10.5 volt external power supply ?

What external power supply to use ?

Regards to all db.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Hi

I have an FCB 1010 with a very noisy internal power supply. I have spliced into the wires coming out of the power supply with a socket. I pick up 10.5volts from my socket when the noisy internal power supply is used.

Can I now just unplug the fcb from the mains (uk ). then plug in a nice quiet 10.5 volt external power supply ?

What external power supply to use ?

Regards to all db.
The FCB1010 requires a 10V AC (not DC) supply if you intend to bypass its internal supply.
some info here..http://www.naslada.net/knowhow/fcb1010/FCB1010 Phantom Power Adaptor.pdf

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC!

A thread belongs to the OP (original poster). Trying to take over someone elses thread is called hijacking, which is not allowed at All About Circuits. I have therefore given you a thread of your very own.

This was split from 12 VOLT POWER SUPPLY

David Bradley

Joined Oct 11, 2015
Ref " The FCB1010 requires a 10V AC (not DC) supply if you intend to bypass its internal supply."

I am in the uk which one to use ? Is my quest !