12 volt high current DC to AC

Arg23

Joined Oct 12, 2014
I have a heavy duty car battery charger that I have been using as a 12 volt high current power supply. I'd like to convert it to output 12 volt AC. I expect that there are a few diodes I need to bypass. I opened up the device and recognized a heavy duty transformer. I see some other components but there are few markings for me to look up the components and confirm my assumptions. Do any of you in the know recognize the components in the attached pictures? Can you post what you see?

The first picture is off the transformer. You can see the positive red lead wire (normally what you connect to the positive terminal of the battery) toward the top of the picture. In the second picture you can see the negative lead black wire (normally what you connect to the negative terminal of the battery) connection at the top.

I hope you can help.

Attachments

Arg23

Joined Oct 12, 2014
Hi Dodgydave,

Yes. I came to the same conclusion but I would like to understand these components. Do you recognize them?

Arg23

Joined Oct 12, 2014
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Yes. Actually, there are multiple wires leading out of the transformer. Each one has a different voltage. I suspect this is from a different number of winding for each of the wires. Some output voltages above 12 and some below. This is due to the charger having different "modes" for different batteries. No one of these leads outputs exactly 12 volts, but one is within tolerances for my use.

Did you happen to recognize any of the components in the pictures attached?