0-10v analog signal set using microcontroller not potentiometer.

MPLIGHT

Joined Mar 8, 2021
I'm trying 0 to 10v signal for power level (0 to 100%) not using any potentiometer only with microcontroller (arduino,atmega) gives signal and further 50% signal then 5v output produced. I'm also trying with Opamp and X9C103s IC vw and vh but wiper not set please suggest me any solution.

MPLIGHT

Joined Mar 8, 2021
Main motive is tunable dc voltage 1v, 2v, 3v etc using microcontroller.When it send command 10% then 1v produce 20% 2v resp.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Can you post your circuit, and the code you are trying to use?
It is really hard to help otherwise.

Why did you choose to use a digital Pot?
You could also use a filtered PWM output followed by a x2 Op-Amp.
Or, an R2R network on a port.
Or a D to A chip.
But, what resolution do you require?

MPLIGHT

Joined Mar 8, 2021
Can you post your circuit, and the code you are trying to use?
It is really hard to help otherwise.

Why did you choose to use a digital Pot?
You could also use a filtered PWM output followed by a x2 Op-Amp.
Or, an R2R network on a port.
Or a D to A chip.
But, what resolution do you require?
Yes DAC type can be used. Actually digital pot is not used because our requirement is to integrate this with controller send command and then it run by software not operated manually.

MPLIGHT

Joined Mar 8, 2021
hiMP,
Do you have a drawing how the digi-pot is connected to the MCU , also a program Code clip that you could post.?
E
Actually digi pot not used (manually we don't want run) that's why we used an IC or module that itself generate 0-10v and using controller send command.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Yes, this module is same work with pot in manually. Can you suggest is I'm on right path with MCP4725 with TLC272 opamp.
I am confused. That module uses PWM to determine the output voltage. PWM is readily available on MCUs so it would require no hardware, only code.

What am I missing?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Actually digi pot not used (manually we don't want run)
hi MP.
A X9C103 is a digi-pot
Clip from d/s: Digitally Controlled Potentiometer (XDCP™)

Do you have a drawing how the digi-pot is connected to the MCU , also a program Code clip that you could post.?
E

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Yes pwm is on MCUs but we provide analog signal and ground pin of analog input 0-10v to 0-100% of power.
OK, without at least a block diagram grasping your requirement is difficult. I am not sure that you haven't painted yourself in a corner by making the analog output a requirement in the solution. In any case, I am sure someone here can help.

Good luck.

MPLIGHT

Joined Mar 8, 2021
OK, without at least a block diagram grasping your requirement is difficult. I am not sure that you haven't painted yourself in a corner by making the analog output a requirement in the solution. In any case, I am sure someone here can help.

Good luck.
Here's the block digram

Attachments

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Here is the way I did it -16 bit resolution. It is important to have an excellent voltage reference -not so much for absolute accuracy but for thermal stability. There is nothing so frustrating as getting this thing calibrated the the air conditioning coming on and the output drifting off. The LM41140ACM has about 1/10th the thermal drift of the TL431 I started with.

Two PWM modulators are for span and offset. Connection to a terminal simulator over USB is required for calibration.

1615210443634.png

1615210477978.png
1615210860078.png
The pin-outs for the microcontroller in the user interface are wrong.

1615210749433.png

Attachments

MPLIGHT

Joined Mar 8, 2021
Yes but using this no output voltage. Below picture is the block digram signal.
Here is the way I did it -16 bit resolution. It is important to have an excellent voltage reference -not so much for absolute accuracy but for thermal stability. There is so frustrating as getting this thing calibrated the the air conditioning coming on and the output drifting off. The LM41140ACM has about 1/10th the thermal drift of the TL431 I started with.

Two PWM modulators are for span and offset. Connection to a terminal simulator over USB is required for calibration.

View attachment 232280

View attachment 232282
View attachment 232284
The pin-outs for the microcontroller in the user interface are wrong.

View attachment 232283
LM41140ACM this is the IC that you used?