simply convert 12v dc to 300v

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
A DC-to-DC converter will do that, but 300V can KILL YOU !! This is not a project which should be attempted if you are inexperienced in electronics.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Why don't you explain what you are trying to do, what levels of current you require and why it all of a sudden went from 300 to 75 V?

So far I'd just tell you to go find it yourself.. (but "find it" would be replaced with another F word)

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
here ya go. the basic mechanical vibrator.

The power is connected to the normally open pins.(they are closed when the relay coil has no power). The power energizes the coil and the contacts move. This DE-energizes the relay and it releases, then the cycle repeats. This will be VERY hard on the relay and it will not last long. Specially designed vibrators that are more robust were built to perform this function for battery powered equipment which used vacuum tubes.

The output is sent into a dual winding secondary(or center tapped one) and the transformer steps up the square wave AC voltage. The output from the primary will be a high voltage AC waveform and must then be rectified and filtered to give a DC voltage. Those parts have not been drawn in.

king40

Joined Jul 17, 2013
thanks of all
The question is how much current do you need
current not important
i have 12v battery with 1MA current
first i wants to convert 12 v to 300v
but with this post
A DC-to-DC converter will do that, but 300V can KILL YOU !! This is not a project which should be attempted if you are inexperienced in electronics.
i forget 300v :D
please help me to convert 12 v dc to ~75 v dc
thanks of all engineering

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
thanks of all
current not important
i have 12v battery with 1MA current
first i wants to convert 12 v to 300v
but with this post
i forget 300v :D
please help me to convert 12 v dc to ~75 v dc
thanks of all engineering
YOU have to tell more about what you are trying to do, and your requirements. If not we are only wasting time trying to drag out you what you really want to do. This thread is on the second page. And still we have none idea about how to help you. If you even are not able to describe your problem in a proper manner, how in earth can you expect any help?

Isnt 1 MA low for a battery? not sure I would want to mess with 75V DC unless I was sure what was what, I came close to a stupid cap accident the a few days ago, with 400V sitting on it! be vary careful.
To quote my dad, " that kind of voltage, makes your nads tingle in a very unpleasant way" not so sure I would want my nads tingling like that :D

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Google 'boost converter'. There are umpteen schematics and explanations out there.

@ LG
To quote my dad, " that kind of voltage, makes your nads tingle in a very unpleasant way"
I hope he's not speaking from experience in this instance :).