Lamp Handball Problem

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
Guys kindly help me. I have a experiment which is lamp handball. I've already simulated it on Multisim 11 but it doesn't work. I've already repeated it for 5 times but still it won't work so I've make a research on internet but all I've seen is the experiment itself. I haven't seen any documents saying they have successfully do the lamp handball instead I've landed on this page with has the same topic, problem in the said experiment. It haven't solve the problem since the thread was posted 5 years ago.

Anyone? kindly help me. Please

here's the schematic diagram of Lamp Handball

Attachments

Last edited:

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
I'm using 74LS194, 74LS74, 74LS00, 74LS04, 74LS08 IC's. TTL.

I don't know what's the difference between them but in our laboratory we are always using 74LS## IC's so what I've use in that experiment.

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
Thanks johny. It is now a lamp handball but where's the pulser?

woah... you've really modify it. there's a lot of voltage source..

You've make it work thanks. Now this is my problem why you take off the pulser and change it to vdd source?

I need the pulser because this circuit is the one I will use to my pingpong game.

the game goes like this
the ball will start moving when it comes to the extreme left the left pulser must be press for the ball will move back going to
right when it reaches the extreme most right the right pulser must be press. when the button is not hitted the ball (light indicator) will be gone

Last edited:

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
Jony I'll ask you a favor can you help me modify the original circuit to a Lamp Pingpong Game?

aside from the clock pulse there are two pulser (left and right)

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
I will greatly appreciate it. I can't modify it all by myself. I have no idea regarding modifying circuit diagram.

I hope you can help me.

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
WOAAA!!! amazing!!! your so great! I'm very thankful, You have talent in analyzing circuit.

I have no idea that the pull-up resistor is the solution for that!

thanks again!

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
I don't want to abuse your kindness helping me but there are things I want to add in that game.

The ball always start at the right (Is it possible that the player can choose whether the serves comes from right or left?) by adding another start button?

and Using a BCD to seven segment decoder and a seven segment (common anode) is it possible to put a 0-9 scoring in that game ( 1 in left player and 1 in right player?) by using 7493 ripple counter or a 74161 and a nand gate? The 7 segmet will display a 1 point when the Light is gone. and will score will be reset if the game is reset.

and one last thing why the LED always at logic 1 (turn on always on the extreme right) isn't it if the right player doesn't catch the ball the light will be gone?

well you've already help me a lot it's ok with me if you can't do it. whether yo can do it or not.. I really want to thank you alot. :)

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
The ball always start at the right (Is it possible that the player can choose whether the serves comes from right or left?) by adding another start button?

and Using a BCD to seven segment decoder and a seven segment (common anode) is it possible to put a 0-9 scoring in that game ( 1 in left player and 1 in right player?) by using 7493 ripple counter or a 74161 and a nand gate? The 7 segmet will display a 1 point when the Light is gone. and will score will be reset if the game is reset.

and one last thing why the LED always at logic 1 (turn on always on the extreme right) isn't it if the right player doesn't catch the ball the light will be gone?
Since you know the chips to use to make a counter for counting the score, you should at least try and make it. If it doesn't work, you can always show it here and let others tell you your mistakes. Instead of getting others do your home work, you would ended up learning nothing.

All the things that you listed can be done just that some you have to think a bit harder on how to do it.

In order to get more help, you could always post the picture of your schematic in PNG format together with the multi-sim file. Not everybody uses multisim. I use ISIS btw.

Allen

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't want to abuse your kindness helping me but there are things I want to add in that game.

well you've already help me a lot it's ok with me if you can't do it. whether yo can do it or not.. I really want to thank you alot. :)
Okay, so you want to add some things to a game that is part of an assignment. So try to start adding some of those things to the game. The purpose of the assignment is for YOU develop the ability to take a desired goal and turn it into a reality. It is NOT for you to practice your skills at going out and getting someone to tell you what to do and how to do it.

So what you need to do is to make an honest effort at doing these things and then post those efforts and what is causing you problems and then we can try to guide you toward a path to get you past the problems.

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
Haha.. Yeah currently I'm already trying it.

I just got excited finishing the test of the game. I'm just a new member here so I've got amazed that there's someone who can help me with my first problem now since it is solve it's my turn to add the new things in the game. Thanks a lot guys especially to

Johny130 :DD you've help me alot.

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
Guys I need a little help again I modify the circuit that Johny130 gave me

Here's what I've added a

2nd pulser in the right so that there will be two player playing the Ping pong game.

2nd start button on right side player, so that the players can choose where the serve will come from (left or right).

but here's the problem,

1st when the game started the ball(LIGHT) is already at the First LED whether left or right. which is not right the ball should not be seen unless the serve is done.

2nd when the game is already started and the service will be change you need to close the switch form either of the two and switch on the other. but when I simulated it again it does't work you need to reset it first which should not be doin' unlesss the game set is done.

Attachments

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
Guys I'm almost done with the Pingpong game circuit I just have 3 problems

1st when the game starts the ball is already in the first L.E.D it must be not seen until the service is done

2nd when the player switch the service and turn on the other start button for service and close the other the game doesn't start even you click the serve button

and lastly the score.. The 7 segment must count the score when the player loses and misses the ball not every players turn.

guys can you help me finish it.. please I need your help badly.

Attachments