Blog entries by Tahmid

Tahmid
Views
Reaction score
Comments
The CCP module is one of the most important modules in the PIC microcontroller. While being extremely important, it is not very difficult to use. Here I will show you how to use the compare section of the CCP (Compare, Capture, Pulse Width Modulation) module of the PIC16F877A. You can use this...
Tahmid
Views
Reaction score
Comments
In most cases where you want to control an AC load, a triac or SCRs will be used. However, it is not easy to drive a triac or SCR. The drive requirement for the triac or SCR makes it sometimes difficult to control it as we want. One thing is that we can not turn the triac or SCR on or off as...
Tahmid
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Here's one temperature sensor (thermometer) circuit that you can easily build. It uses the popular PIC 16F877A microcontroller. The temperature sensor is LM35. The LM35 outputs an analog voltage proportional to the temperature. The output from the LM35 is 0.1V/'C. So, when temperature sensed...
Tahmid
Views
I have previously shown how to manually calculate the values for the sine table: http://tahmidmc.blogspot.com/2011/01/generation-and-implementation-of-sine.html You can use Smart Sine to automatically generate the sine table: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/blog.php?b=508 I have also shown...
Tahmid
Views
Comments
I have previously shown how to calculate the values for the sine table. Now I will show you how to use that sine table for generating a sine wave using a PIC16F684. Why PIC16F684? It is a nice little 14-pin PIC that contains all that is needed for SPWM (sinusoidal pulse width modulation) – the...
Tahmid
Views
Comments
Here is the software Smart Sine, that I created and now use to generate sine tables. It is the improved and more developed version of the software I had previously created with a few more useful features. It is relatively simple to use and gives results quickly as opposed to manually...
Tahmid
Views
Reaction score
Zero crossing detection is very important, especially in power control circuits employing thyristors. I have come across many people struggling with zero crossing detection with PIC microcontroller and thus they cannot fire triacs or SCRs as required. So, here I have explained a simple method...