ZVS Flyback Driver Problem

coolyyz321

Joined Mar 17, 2017
So, I have built a ZVS flyback driver from this schematic and when I apply power with a 12 volt lead acid battery there is no spark and there is a dead short through the whole thing, I have checked the wiring, windings on ferrite core, etc. My inductor is 47uh and the rest of the components are what are seen in the schematic, this has stumped me, could y'all find out this problem?FIYEAZNG9NH8XOG.MEDIUM.jpg

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Check for shorts, remove the transistors c/e terminals, ideally post pictures of your made circuit board there will be wiring errors or soldering mistakes.

coolyyz321

Joined Mar 17, 2017
I think I found a problem, the zener diodes are shorted, when I get more I will tell you if it worked, sorry if I wasted your time Dodgydave.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If the zeners were shorted then then current should have been very low, not high, since he MOSFETs would be off.
Double check the MOSFET pinout.

coolyyz321

Joined Mar 17, 2017
Could the flyback transformer be the problem?,the circuit is not oscillating(I think), could the flyback be faulty and somehow hinder the circuit from oscillating if the circuit is correct? Mabye?

Last edited: