Zero crossing detector

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
I have been following this thread for a bit, but do not really understand the question, or its reason, do the rest of you really get it?
Hi Russ,

My impression from post #5 was that the OP wanted to have 40 equal energy (power?) increments to drive a fan load. Again, like you I'm guessing but I assume it is an AC load under consideration. I guess it could be a full wave rectified phase controlled implementation the OP wants for a DC fan. But who really knows.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It's probably one more forum example of someone trying to do a simple task in a REALLY REALLY difficult way. ;)

Fix the task first... Then try to fix the solution for the task.

millwood

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Hi Russ,

My impression from post #5 was that the OP wanted to have 40 equal energy (power?) increments to drive a fan load. Again, like you I'm guessing but I assume it is an AC load under consideration. I guess it could be a full wave rectified phase controlled implementation the OP wants for a DC fan. But who really knows.
it would be extremely difficult to dice it up to fourty equal "energy" increments: you probably have to heat up load with tiny heat mass for that to work.

it would be difficult but doable to dice it up to fourty equal "charge" increments, though - that's the area under the voltage curve.