ZEP floor polish as an acrylic conformal coating

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Would anybody like to make a post related to the topic at hand or has the thread run its course?
ZEP floor polish as an acrylic conformal coating
I bet you’re not much fun at a dinner party.:D

like Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory - preparing dinner party topics...

=================
Sheldon: Topic one. Faster-than-light particles at CERN, paradigm-shifting discovery or Swiss export as full of holes as their cheese? And converse.

Penny: All right, who wants to go to my apartment and look at bridal magazines?

Bernadette: Oh, me.

Penny: Through no one’s fault, Sheldon, we’re leaving.

Amy: Wait for moi.

Sheldon: You’re leaving?

Amy: Sheldon, sometimes you forget, I’m a lady. And with that comes an oestrogen fuelled need to page through thick glossy magazines that make me hate my body.

Sheldon: Ah. New topic. Women, delightfully mysterious or bat-crap crazy?

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
As previously stated, certain units remain dangerous (i.e. potentially 'armed') for up to six weeks following removal of external power according to their service literature... Shall we sweep that under the rug in deference to your vast 'empirical experience'?:rolleyes:
A link to said service literature? You do know that each time you turn your ignition on and your dashboard lights up and does it's "self diagnostic" test, it send a small electrical signal through the air bags ignitor, don't you? The same service literature may be on the same level as the warning on a automotive accessory drive belt that says "engine must be shut off before attempting to change belt".

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
A link to said service literature? You do know that each time you turn your ignition on and your dashboard lights up and does it's "self diagnostic" test, it send a small electrical signal through the air bags ignitor, don't you? The same service literature may be on the same level as the warning on a automotive accessory drive belt that says "engine must be shut off before attempting to change belt".
Shortbus plz say what's really on your mind cuz if it's not politics it has be u got impression we were insulting u when we said u deserve to be payed more? Cuz that wasn't being sarcastic that's how we feel!

So abt all I know how to do with car electrical systems is reprogramming ECM eprom to delete stupid vats feature! PPL payed like $300 apiece for that cuz it took key sensor and body control module completely out of loop:) So I honestly say GM is best American production car but feature that maroons more ppl than prevents thefts is just dumb cuz they could have added one or two more tumblers to ignition switch for 15 extra keys vats gives them! Also they could just do 10 minute latency for trying to start with wrong CUT key no need for resistors or chips in keys and all the extra electronics!

So for airbags I know the warning is six weeks for a lot of European cars and I deliberately triggered them on a car hours after battery was disconnected removing accelerometer (which turned out to be too lame 4 my project anyhow:rolleyes:) which was crazy cuz airbag totally destroyed right side of windshield!

So for Zep polish? I say making pcbs is a lot of work! Just use the right coating to start with and be happy:)!

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Shortbus plz say what's really on your mind cuz if it's not politics it has be u got impression we were insulting u when we said u deserve to be payed more?
You guys just don't get it. I am not upset over anything, nothing, politics or other wise. But you guys must still be holding a grudge over something. Disagreeing with statements here and on the EHT thread asking real questions, seems like it upsets you two and sets you off. Sorry but that's on you. I do understand that neither of you is used to being "challenged" on things, but again that is on you.

I don't know about EHT and was asking questions to learn more and both of you jumped in my sh!t. But I do know how cars work, and the air bags in American cars don't store anything to set them off, not for 6 minutes and definitely not for 6 months. The sensors tell the BCM or ECM to fire the igniter and that sends a few amps of battery voltage to it. Every time the ignition is turned on the is a few mA sent to the igniter to make sure it is still working. There is no cap or battery storing a charge in the circuit for use 6 months from the time the key is shut off. Simple as that. The igniter is a high enough resistance that it isn't affected by static or anything but amperage to make it 'glow'.