Your Question too

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
We need to trade information,a doctor visit don't mean that he is looking for cancer.
There many blood test that you never get,based on your doctors opinion.There are
web sites that show you what cancer looks like. You only see most of it after some
one is dead. I hear young people talking about going to the doctor not feeling good.
They accept do nothing treatment for years,the magic words are standard of care
that doctors agree on to protect them.Intelligent people should share information
on systoms.Gas related problems to eating seems to be a big one,that they settle
for tums and other indigestion problems. Every 3 months for appointments just to say
hi is not good enough.If you are a certain age the doctors start you on the medicine
that every one your age gets.It don't make sense.
Very true loosie.. I was going through and still am going through some health issues that are either my heart, lungs, diaphram, or something else. I have crappy county insurance and my symtoms felt like someone hitting me in the chest with a baseball bat, like getting the wind knocked out of you. I went to the ER they did an EKG and did blood and urine tests. Said everything was fine and to see a cardiologist ASAP from my primary. I went to my primary and that took 14 days for an appt. By then the symptoms had getten lighter but more frequent. The dr just said she thought it was severe anxiety and said heres some dope, come back in 2 months. It got better over the next 2 months but it was still happening and I was still worried. I asked to see a cadiologist like they told me in the ER but she said she couldn't because my test results didn't match up to the combo boxes in the dr's software. So the computer over ruled my dr so she could not give me a refferal. That peaved me so I switched to a private dr I pay each month. I've only had to goto the ER one other time about a month ago because I pinched a nerve in my neck and was having the same stress/chest issues while my arm was hurting really bad so I wanted an EKG and blood test to see if anythign changed. But after all this, seeing all these dr's, and all the crap I've realized many dr's are just guessing and many are just going off a call sheet like in a telemarketer. I'm sure there are good drs. Like my current one but she can only do so much with me having no insurance to back it with. Thats my XP on the subject.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
max: Those sound like possible symptoms of both heart issues and anxiety. Taking the anxiety medicine will actually help both a bit by slowing things down until you can get a solid diagnosis. This assuming they gave you something ending in "pam" or "am" (benzodiazepines).

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
max: Those sound like possible symptoms of both heart issues and anxiety. Taking the anxiety medicine will actually help both a bit by slowing things down until you can get a solid diagnosis. This assuming they gave you something ending in "pam" or "am" (benzodiazepines).
Yes they did, they also seem to be stress triggered. They have slowely gotten better over the past 6 months. My best Dr's diagnosis was that I'm on opiate medications for my back problems and that I cut back on my meds too fast and that made my diaphram ultra sensitive causing diaphram spasms. Anyways I'm on the following meds

Diazapam (Muscle Relaxer)
Cataflam (Anti-Inflam)
oxycodone (Pain)
dilaudid (Pain)
Norvacs? (Bloodpressure)

If anyone has any questions about these meds or are being given them I'd be happy to tell you what ever you want. I also had to treat my back with no insurance so I know all the pain meds available and their price. So if you need to go on pain meds and are not clear about whats available, how strong it is, how much it cost, and how well it works your more then welcome to pm me and ask. I speak freely about my medical issues and if your in pain, the medical field is the wild west.

Other then pain meds and struggling with pain each day my only other option is 2 surgeries. 1. Traditional knife surgery which has a 10% success rate and cost $50,000. Or 2. This new laser surgery, it has a 90% success rate and cost $11,000-$18,000 and is 1 day outpatient surgery. So I'm saving for the No. 2 surgery.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
You are a very laid back and easy to get along with guy.

Valium, Dilaudid (stronger than morphine), oxycodone (heroin equivalent), Forgot detail son Cataflam and Norvac, but that's quite the pre/post-surgery cocktail.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
You are a very laid back and easy to get along with guy.

Valium, Dilaudid (stronger than morphine), oxycodone (heroin equivalent), Forgot detail son Cataflam and Norvac, but that's quite the pre/post-surgery cocktail.
Thats not quite right
Valium, Dilaudid (Heroine equivelent), oxycodone (Stronger the morphine but much much much cheaper). I get small amounts of both painkillers depending on the type of pain. Also taking your meds properly its not like heroine, when you eat it, its not nearly as strong. Also remember they prescribe you smaller amounts of strong painkiller in chronic pain issues because more weaker painkiller are bundled with acephetimen or asprin which is not good to take on a regular basis. Thats why they start you out on vicoden or percoset for a month or two, but if you need em longer then that there gonna go with oxy-contin if you have insurance or morphine sulfate contin. These cost between $4-$15 a tablet. (These are both stronger then oxycodone and dilaudid)Oxycodone is just percoset without the asprin, and cost less the $1. Dilaudid is a lil weaker but last longer and its around $1.15.

Last edited: