Your food

hwy101

Joined May 23, 2009
chickens are not permitted within city limits here.
I'm having a bowl of sugar frosted flakes with chocolate milk, I'm a sugar junkie

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
All commercially farmed crops are GMO's and we have no idea of the long term damage these will have on us or our environment. I'm a big gadener/farmer and we don't use any GMO seeds for anything. Everything we grow non-GMO. They produce less but taste so so so much better then the grocery store crap. Until I started growing my own vegies I had no idea a tomato should be so sweet you eat it like an apple.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I am willing to take my chances.

It hasn't killed me yet.

I could avoid cow's milk, red meat, burgers, bacon, chips, and like to be 120. Then again I might only live to be 60. I'd much rather eat sensibly and be happy.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
We use to stand in the fields with a salt shaker. I got rid of the salt shaker.

The best thing I ever did,your bread has more salt than you would believe.

Just has B,L,T, you should know what that is.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
We use to stand in the fields with a salt shaker. I got rid of the salt shaker.

The best thing I ever did,your bread has more salt than you would believe.

Just has B,L,T, you should know what that is.
Ain't it nice to not have winters. :) The strawberries here are so cheap their selling for $5 a flat.

jimkeith

Joined Oct 26, 2011
Thats no exactly tru. We really have no idea if the gulf/FL tip seafood is safe to eat. There are millions and millions of gallons of thin oil that was dispersed in LA. Smack in between Loosie and the oil spill is me! :) Well in 3 months after the spill they were finding BP oil in larva of crabs, lobster, and shrimp. Being nearly a year old the oil and contamination has most likely reached around florida and is being dispersed in the Atlantic around Miami and Ft Lauderdale. I've lived here on the water my whole life and I don't know any Floridian that would touch the local seafood yet. Most people say may be in 10 years. Much of this info was not published, written, but BP had final edit on the paper so they omitted many details. According to friends and relatives who work for USF, DEP, EPA, and Fish and Wildlife, FL seafood is not safe to eat. But BP isn't gonna let that get published when they can just hit the delete key.
The oil doesn't bother me nearly as much as the toxic corexit dispersant used to supposedly clean up the mess.

Also, I've seen some really glowing testimonials on The Weather Channel about how the gulf seafood is now back...

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Did you bother to read the

Paid for by BP Oil Company....

Really theres no doubt. As I said in a previous post the environmental impact reports were given to BP for final edit and they cut out pages and pages. The Gulf fishery is in the billions and worth lots of money to more then just the Gulf residents.

All that being put aside I'd say our water supply is probably more dangerous then our food. Figuring the pharmacist will tell you when you don't need you medication anymore to flush it into the water supply. They won't even take it anymore, they want to sell you a mailing kit for $5 to ship them to an incinerator for disposal. Also my bud used to drive a tow truck and wow he had some gross stories about arriving at accidents before the cops or ambulances. But what stuck with me is he said the city contracts out 10 tow trucks everyyear to haul cars with bodies inside of them out of our resivour. He said their all eaten up by crabs and they usually pull 5-10 car out each year. This craps barely filtered and piped right to your house.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Heading out for fish and chips,fish fry nite..................more food.

What good food are you haveing,going to get and come back and

watch the Live video.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
okra,how was it cooked. you dip it and deep fry it or cook okra stewed with tomatoes.

okra is not know to a lot people,also if you take a piece of cooked okra and let it dry out

good,it looks like a sand spur,dried wood.

Last edited:

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
All commercially farmed crops are GMO's and we have no idea of the long term damage these will have on us or our environment. I'm a big gadener/farmer and we don't use any GMO seeds for anything. Everything we grow non-GMO. They produce less but taste so so so much better then the grocery store crap. Until I started growing my own vegies I had no idea a tomato should be so sweet you eat it like an apple.
Thnx, you made me remember last time I ate a tomato like that. It was a long time ago. First time we came here, I was scared at seeing the seedless cucumbers (how could they be seedless???) and the giant tomatoes that are more like a rock and never go bad.... something is wrong with that. Don't know why people let this happen.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Given that there is a 3 day global supply of food at any one time, and the shear numbers of people dying of starvation, I have no problems with GE crops.

Seedless cucumbers don't interbreed with wild plants. This is a core problem with these crops.

And if you ever eat pork, and it glows under UV, just remember those are the bug genes showing themselves. :D I don't think they have done it to pigs, but they have done it do cats and dogs. UV flashlights and Chinese restaurants may not mix will.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Just had my first slice of corned beef,Really taste good,taste like corn beef

this year,had to buy 15 pounds to get a good taste,in the last couple of years ,

the corn beef was too greasey,the beef fibers had fat fibers mixed between.

You had to eat too much fat to reach your corn beef,taking fibers of corn beef

out of fat is a tough thing to do.I have taken alot of To6's space to tell this

but I hope a lot of Irish people will agree and know more about corn beef than I

do. @ Raiff,on Saint Patrick Day every one is Irish,Corn beef and cabbage and

potatoes and green every thing. Happy Saint Patricks to all the guys. I find

old dried out stickslaying around,if they have the right shape,I give them away

as she-lay leehs to Irish grand- mothers.