You Can Know This About My Private Life

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I wouldn't take Strantor's sarcasm too literally.

Would it make people feel better if the grandparents charged for daycare services while the parents worked? I doubt it. Besides, if the parents have a problem with how the grandparents are doing things ... all they need to do is open their mouth and say something. In our case, the parents do say when something gets excessive.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
You grandparents are absolutely the worst thing that can happen to a kid. Worse than violence on T.V. I swear. Had to leave my daughter with the grandparents for a few months and now she is spoiled probably beyond recovery. Literally, it will take years to undo what they did in only a few short months. At least you are giving rewards for good behaviour (still sounds way to too heavy on the awards IMO); my in-laws just rewarded her whatever she wanted for whatever reason. Reward her if she's good, reward her if she screams, reward her just because. reward reward. She feels entitled now, so she screams when you don't give her what she wants, and keeps screaming for hours, waiting for you to break down. Never again. weekend trips only. If I ever have to go out of the country again, I will pay 1500$/week for a german caretaker named Helga who carries baton.

I hear grandparents talk about such things comically, like it's all a big joke; spoil the grandkids, hahaha! makes me sick. I hope in a cruel twist of fate they have a menopause baby - would serve them right.
@strantor - Do you think your inlaws would like to adopt a 63 year old grandson to spoil?:p