YK-E1005 1D CCD Barcode Scanner

chazzab

Joined Jun 12, 2018
I've just done an adapter for this barcode reader. Brings out power, UART and USB to a 6 pin wire-up connector and uses a Wurth FFC connector. Will be testing it tomorrow when I make it on our LPKF machine. Will let you know if it works.

Ti Mo

Joined Jun 9, 2018
I've just done an adapter for this barcode reader. Brings out power, UART and USB to a 6 pin wire-up connector and uses a Wurth FFC connector. Will be testing it tomorrow when I make it on our LPKF machine. Will let you know if it works.
Wow, thank you, let me know about the results :)

chazzab

Joined Jun 12, 2018
OK. It's done and it works on USB. It needs the enable pin pulling low to read. Not tried it on serial. Can post the (trivial) schematic and layout if anyone interested. BTW, the reader is very good. We have to read an appalling Code 39 VIN barcode on a Nissan, and it beats a phone hands-down. We also use expensive laser scanners and this is as good. Chazza

Ti Mo

Joined Jun 9, 2018
OK. It's done and it works on USB. It needs the enable pin pulling low to read. Not tried it on serial. Can post the (trivial) schematic and layout if anyone interested. BTW, the reader is very good. We have to read an appalling Code 39 VIN barcode on a Nissan, and it beats a phone hands-down. We also use expensive laser scanners and this is as good. Chazza
I'm intersted about the schematic

I've uploaded the schematic. It makes a single sided board with no links
Hi chazzab,

Thanks for your help on this scanner module. I have few related questions, and for whoever else is using this unit as well.

- When you purchase this unit, did you have to specify whether you want USB interface or TTL232 interface? If, for example, you choose USB interface, does it mean its serial communication pins (TX, RX) are disabled?? I was able to trigger the device with barcodes but I don't see any signal from the TX pin.
- What is the baud rate for this unit? 9600?
- Is there long delay every time after the scanner is triggered?
- Were you able to retrieve and display the ASCII characters of the barcode correctly?

Thank you for your help. I don't seem to be able to find too much useful information from its documentation except for the pin out.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I have attached the manual for E1007 and E1005 scanners. The text below seems to be saying that it will only work for one type of interface - whichever it was supplied as:

Product standard interfaces are: RS232 (DB9 orifice), USB and Keyboard. Standard
interface of different products are not the same, please confirm before purchase

Attachments

I have attached the manual for E1007 and E1005 scanners. The text below seems to be saying that it will only work for one type of interface - whichever it was supplied as:

Product standard interfaces are: RS232 (DB9 orifice), USB and Keyboard. Standard
interface of different products are not the same, please confirm before purchase
Thanks AlbertHall,

I contacted a sales rep of the manufacturer who mentioned the same because the hardware is different with different interfaces.

Also, have you or anyone else tried powering the scanner with 3.3V? I heard that it will only work with 5V.

Thanks!