Yamaha Digital Rack mount Effects Unit repair help component ID!

OldConfused

Joined Apr 25, 2019
Hi, I have a an FX770 playing up, intermittently not powering up. I have narrowed the problem down to one component but I cannot Identify the part.
On the circuit board the part is designated EMI 301 (see pic) There does not appear to be any writing on the component...Does anyone know what kind of component this is? It is situated next to a low loss voltage regulator and in the same section as the Midi in out. I am Valve Vintage so am not really conversant with this tech. Any Help would be greatly appreciated
IMG_20190425_163823952COMPO 2.jpg IMG_20190425_163511967COMPO1.jpg

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Can you find a technical manual for the unit?
In there you should be able to find what kind of component it is.
Is there any text on the side of the component?
Now we only see the top of it.

Bertus

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Hello,

Can you find a technical manual for the unit?
In there you should be able to find what kind of component it is.
Is there any text on the side of the component?
Now we only see the top of it.

Bertus
Plus, a really fuzzy one at that, if you can't read the part# unsolder it pull it out.

kv

OldConfused

Joined Apr 25, 2019
KV ..thanks for the link to the service manual ...the part designated EMI 301 has 22000P written by it a capacitor 22000picofarad I presume with 3 legs will there be a right and wrong way to connect this ?

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I think that you are probably correct about the value of the capacitor in the filter but to replace it you will also need the value of the two inductors in the filter. The two inductors will probably be the same value so it will probably not matter which way round it is fitted. (I assume the centre pin is the capacitor connection.) As you have diagnosed the fault to this component is it one of the inductors open circuit or is it the capacitor that is short circuit ? I did a search on the web for "22000P filter" but this came up with a few matches but none looked the same as yours. I think you will find it difficult to find a replacement. I think you will have to hope that one (Or both) of the inductors is working so you can measure it's inductance. With that information you should be able to get two inductors and a 22000 pF (22nF) capacitor and just wire them in place of the faulty filter.

Les.

OldConfused

Joined Apr 25, 2019
Okay Guys Thanks for the Assistance seems I need to do a bit more work on measuring this component and sourcing it
Cheers I will get back to you if I solve my problem
Regard All

OldConfused

Joined Apr 25, 2019
I think that you are probably correct about the value of the capacitor in the filter but to replace it you will also need the value of the two inductors in the filter. The two inductors will probably be the same value so it will probably not matter which way round it is fitted. (I assume the centre pin is the capacitor connection.) As you have diagnosed the fault to this component is it one of the inductors open circuit or is it the capacitor that is short circuit ? I did a search on the web for "22000P filter" but this came up with a few matches but none looked the same as yours. I think you will find it difficult to find a replacement. I think you will have to hope that one (Or both) of the inductors is working so you can measure it's inductance. With that information you should be able to get two inductors and a 22000 pF (22nF) capacitor and just wire them in place of the faulty filter.

Les.
Have found another Yamaha diagram with the same EMI component, the part listing is : -
LS MT Y223NB (FZ005920) 22000P
I cannot find this part Any Ideas?
If Not can you give me an idea on he to measure the inductance in a component like this