WSN office

fofo33

Joined Feb 2, 2015
Dears,

I am interested in performing a monitored office.

So, I'm interested in measure: temperature (5 points), light (3 points), presence (3 points - PIR), open/close windows and door (3 points) and electric current (from 2 to 82 points).

In addition, I'm interested in control from 2 to 82 electric points.

The office is a normal room with tables, chairs and PC's and has only one door and two windows. We have thought to put a PIR detector above the door or on the roof, in the middle of the office, but we have doubts. We want to detect the occupancy with the most individualized way (detecting several levels of occupancy, max. resolution). What is the best method to do it? The seat occupancy is a good alternative? Is easy to install in the chairs the seat occupancy sensors or we need to destroy the chairs to install it? Explain us your point of view.

In the same line, in relation with the occupancy too, we have a RFID system that we would to integrate in the WSN system. I need a system that lets to integrate elements from third companies.

Moreover, in relation with the consumption we have 2 lines of electric lights and 8 lines of equipment (PC's, screens, etc) that derive in 80 power plugs. Our aim is to control and measure theses 82 (80+2) points, but we see that is economically expensive. What solutions can you propose to control and measure these points with the lowest price and minimal installation. There are 3 points where we can control and measure the electric current: in the switchboard (rac din), in the electric cable (hall sensors and relays) and in the electric plug (electric plug meter and control). Which is the best solution?

Requirements:

- Cheap.

- Easy to program.

-1 gateway only

-Possible installation in switchboard (the current measurement and control part only).

Someone can propose me companies that sell something similar? I analysed:

Libelium
BeagleBoard
Arduino
RaspberryPi
Advanticsys
Memsic
Monnit
Epssilon
National Instruments
Schneider
Pervasa
Beanair
Campbell
Linear tecnology
Episensor
Sayme
Zolertia
Microstrain
Maxfor
Esensor-sensormetrix
Sonnonet
Plugwise
Kmote
One quan
Everspring

And I haven't found a properly solution. Do you know any alternative?

Thanks for your time. :)

fofo33

Joined Feb 2, 2015
Why not just count the number of online computers in the room? Won't every occupant be connected?
Yes, relate the occupancy with the use of PC's in a PC office is a good idea, however there are people without PC's. A mix of both methods perhaps will be the proper solution. Thanks.