ws2812 smd LED's Array

Raj Pandey

Joined May 27, 2019
Hi all,

I have to create a ws2812 SMD LEDs array. when I searched about the resistors to connect it so I found that it needed 470R on Vin pin from 5V and 33R in between Din(another LED) and Dout (First LED) on some Images of LED strip there were capacitors also. So I am confused about what to do. I have created a simple ckt attached to this post. Please guide me.

Here in smd_led,
Pin no1 is Vin
Pin no2 is GND
Pin no.4 is Din
Pin no.5 is Dout.
smd_led.PNG

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The resistor is not necessary. None of the strips I have seen use one. All of the ones I have seen use a capacitor.

I tried taking the chips off a strip and rewiring them and it did not work until I added the capacitors (100nF.)

Bob

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
They are probably the same. In the second link, the capacitors should connect to the GND wire, that is, between the red and the black.
The way that is drawn is a bit confusing as there is no connection between the gnd symbol and the gnd terminal.
But are you using the 4 pin or 6 pin parts?

Raj Pandey

Joined May 27, 2019
They are probably the same. In the second link, the capacitors should connect to the GND wire, that is, between the red and the black.
The way that is drawn is a bit confusing as there is no connection between the gnd symbol and the gnd terminal.
But are you using the 4 pin or 6 pin parts?
6 pin parts so I am gonna connect a 100nf capacitor between led power supply and gnd of each.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Lots of bypassing capacitance is a good thing. Many funny problems go away with good solid power :)
Please post the results of your build.