Would like to use the Power Supply

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
Hello, I have a issue keeping my Questions short so I will try and keep it as short as I can.

1 Have a Power Supply that I would like to use. It is from a Blu Ray DvD player BD-HP210U and the Drive went bad.

2 Problem I have is I don't know where to make a mod that will trick the board to stay on. When i press the power button it will when working as a DVD play, It will load the DVD or CD for play back. However if it don't load it will think it needs to go to Standby Mode. I will add some pictures and I can make anything bigger and screenshot that as well.

Any Help would be Useful
Thank you
James

I can do a lot of things I just can't seem to find out how to make this PS stay on once I turn it on.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
There are only three optocouplers on the psu, one is monitoring voltage, the other wo are probably turning it on/off, need better close up pics of the psu circuit, terminal conections.

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
Yes I am sorry I was going to leave larger ones with these but I was afraid that they would be to many pictures.

So I will add 4 more pictures. Starting with the AC/HOT side top, bottom, bottom right of picture and then top part of the page. Hope this is more helpful. Also will give the link to the PDF just I know some people don't like DL things so I wasn't sure if I should leave link before.

So where this is DL from you click the link, under the picture of the front page it will show some words that says you can DL 3 items a day and something like it is loading. Once that changes over to Get Manual then you can DL the PDF file. Sorry only place I could find with it and it does look right with what I have
https://elektrotanya.com/sharp_bd-hp210u_sm.pdf/download.html

Thank you for all the help

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
Sorry I guess I don't understand what is wrong with it. Sorry if I did something against the rules. Wasn't my intent.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
There are 2 power cntrl lines.
And image is split up so cannot make the traces.
Attach the whole schematic as one file. It's not easy to trace with broken up images :confused:

Oh Oh looks like another that will be shut down due to contravening regulations!
Max.
Come again. o_O

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
The chip is aMR4020 quasi smpsu chopper, pin 1 is the shutdown pin, low is standby, high is running, start by looking at the opto-coupler Ic904, or what is driving it, feeding pin 1.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
And it looks like the relevant IC is on the LH side which is mains connected.
It does not matter to me, personally I would rather help someone go through something safely than cut him off at the knees and he go it alone with the possibility of doing himself harm.
I don't make the rules.
Max.

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
Thank you for the Help. I don't know how I can make the image so it can be looked at as a Complete image bigger then in the first images. So that was why I broke it up i 4's

@bertus Thank you for the website. I haven't come across the site before.

I also understand about the circuit and being SMPS and thank you for the help.

Here is a close up of the back side of IC904 if this helps any

Thank you
James

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Ic904 turns on /off the chip via pin 1, if look at the connector to the right on the drawing post#4, it's fed via Q951 to the low power control chip...

So Either bypass Q951, or link out the opto-coupler output.