Working in IC Design

jaydnul

Joined Apr 2, 2015
My desire is to work in mixed signal IC design. I have a bachelor's degree in physics and am currently taking 2 graduate level courses in analog IC design and VLSI design. I'm curious, since I ideally do not want to pay for a whole masters degree myself, is it even remotely possible to get an entry level job at one of these semiconductor companies without a full masters degree? Or do people usually pay there way through masters degrees themselves with loans and scholarships/stipends? Would only having graduate coursework (as opposed to the full degree) still be enough at some places? I realize this depends greatly on interviewing skills, networking, and a lot of other things, but in general would they even consider my resume?

Thanks for the input!

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
My desire is to work in mixed signal IC design. I have a bachelor's degree in physics
Congratulations! And I have background in physics.
I worked slightly in electronic engineering and I could in IC design.
Infineon is a good firm which do IC design help young people to work there.

"My desire is to work in mixed signal IC design." sounds very good for employer, you seem focused on an idea.
But in reality you have a broadens horizons, search in many areas.

to get an entry level job at one of these semiconductor companies without a full masters degree?
Sure you can!
There is internships for students, exist collaborations whereby firms know you.

is it even remotely possible to get an entry level job
Serious companies usually want you working there. See you to know you. No remotely.

To work remotely view sites like:
https://www.freelancer.com/

If you find a person with you have worked well, you will keep in touch with him And you already have "something".
Only electronics without IC design here.