Wonder how this turned out?!?!

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I worked with an engineer from Sandvik on a project installing one of their precision rotating pastillators on a chilled water bed stainless steel conveyor system and he told me of a startup he had at a plant in Egypt. It was out in the desert in a newly built plant. During the startup, a fire had started and the men had grabbed buckets, run outside, filled them with sand and threw it on millions of dollars of high precision rotating machinery. He basically threw his hands up and told them when (if ever) they had the mess cleaned up to give him a call and flew back to Chicago.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
If he'd filled the bucket with de-ionised water would he have been safe?
No.Double distilled water 10MΩ per centimeter square has an infinity for impurities putting it in a metal bucket it would have leached whatever the bucket was comprised of and become conductive, zappo :p
If-You-Can-Read-This-Youve-Just-Had-An-Accident-Funny-Sign.jpg

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Looks photo shopped to me. The flames just aren't right. :)

As to water? This is how crud and corrosion causing agents are washed off a 500 KV power line's insulators. Years ago we would wash out the higher end Gen-Rad decade resistance boxes with deionized water, some called it 10 Meg water. As to a 500 KV power line's insulators? Yeah, you really don't want any contamination in the tank Then too I doubt it would matter much since guys get a heilo at line potential and crawl down the lines inspecting them.

Ron

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Standard 4x8' sheet of 5/8" drywall is ~70 lbs and those look 12' so at least 100lbs x ~15 sheets. I would at least wait and see if he had any unbroken windows after the forklift dropped them...

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
couple of years ago,the university staff asked me to install MATLAB on system without any purchased licence...and i wondered my future's occupation as the picture above:p:D

Last edited: