Wireless Remote/Relay Build. Multiple Output

jm14872

Joined Jan 27, 2022
So I am interested in building a Controller that will fire relays wirelessly. I would have one handheld controller with 4 buttons Labeled 1-4. The controller will need to fire a relay on 4 field devices. So when button one is pressed module one relay will fire. So when button two is pressed module two relay will fire. (and So On) I am fairly new to these projects and was wondering if anyone could help me find some information on how to do this.

I am almost thinking of soething like a Walkie talkie with multiple channels. Channel 1 fires relay 1 and channel 2 fires relay 2. How can i make a circuit to do this??

Any help is greatly appreaciated.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
How much range is required. Do you want to build or buy. There are inexpensive 4 relay wireless remote systems available.
Similar to this:
View attachment 258877
I was considering recommending these. But I wasn’t sure if one remote would trigger four identical receivers.

I’ve used these before. I do know that some of the receiver modules have a “learn” function through which one could teach four receivers to respond to one fob.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Still sure you want to build? This product from Emylo is good to over 200ft line of sight from a private review.
$34.00 on Amazon with 6 remotes.
1643320527725.png

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
So I am interested in building a Controller that will fire relays wirelessly. I would have one handheld controller with 4 buttons Labeled 1-4. The controller will need to fire a relay on 4 field devices. So when button one is pressed module one relay will fire. So when button two is pressed module two relay will fire. (and So On) I am fairly new to these projects and was wondering if anyone could help me find some information on how to do this.

I am almost thinking of soething like a Walkie talkie with multiple channels. Channel 1 fires relay 1 and channel 2 fires relay 2. How can i make a circuit to do this??

Any help is greatly appreaciated.
Due to legal restrictions on manufacturing radios and using various bands for remote control operation your best bet is to use a commercial 4-button "standard" remote and a "standard" module to receive the signals. You can build all the rest of it yourself, if you'd like, but the radio parts are really not something to build yourself. These remotes and modules are very cheap.

"Standard" is in quotes because it's really just a matter of so many manufacturers using the same chipsets. There are many options for the remotes in all sorts of form factors, and the receiver modules come with or without relays.

For example, this pair (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YMYWFN4/) of cheap and cheerful little boards will give you four channels and can be set to mutually exclusive outputs or not. In this case you'd beed to beef up the antennas, and work out a housing, but they work very well.

They are pretty easy to use but you should pay careful attention to using a good, resonant antenna on the receiver side because that will dramatically influence range and reliability.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I am lookinng to build one. These are diffrent because i want my four field modules seperate not at the same location.

But thanks for the response
With four receivers, you can accomplish what you want in four locations with these modules. I described the considerations in a previous post.

Just use one relay on the receivers for each location. Think out of the box.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
That seems kind of a waste acquiring 4 separate 4 channel relay receivers when the other unit I suggested has individual receivers for each channel unless I'm misreading your intent.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
That seems kind of a waste acquiring 4 separate 4 channel relay receivers when the other unit I suggested has individual receivers for each channel unless I'm misreading your intent.
Missed that your link had four separate receivers. I was responding to an earlier post.

Johnkenedy

Joined Jan 27, 2022
[CITA="jm14872, publicación: 1703430, miembro: 840119"]
Así que estoy interesado en construir un controlador que dispare relés de forma inalámbrica. Tendría un controlador de mano con 4 botones etiquetados 1-4. El controlador deberá disparar un relé en 4 dispositivos de campo. Entonces, cuando se presiona el botón uno, el relé del módulo uno se disparará. Entonces, cuando se presiona el botón dos, el relé del módulo dos se activará. (y así sucesivamente) Soy bastante nuevo en estos proyectos y me preguntaba si alguien podría ayudarme a encontrar información sobre cómo hacer esto.

Casi estoy pensando en algo como un Walkietalkie con múltiples canales. El canal 1 dispara el relé 1 y el canal 2 dispara el relé 2. ¿Cómo puedo hacer un circuito para hacer esto?

Cualquier ayuda es muy apreciada.
[/CITA]
hermano soy nuevo en este foro, pero quería darte una idea. Controle dos Relé con un circuito de carrito a control remoto. Es muy fácil. Si quieres saber cómo se hace dímelo nada más.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
[CITA="jm14872, publicación: 1703430, miembro: 840119"]
Así que estoy interesado en construir un controlador que dispare relés de forma inalámbrica. Tendría un controlador de mano con 4 botones etiquetados 1-4. El controlador deberá disparar un relé en 4 dispositivos de campo. Entonces, cuando se presiona el botón uno, el relé del módulo uno se disparará. Entonces, cuando se presiona el botón dos, el relé del módulo dos se activará. (y así sucesivamente) Soy bastante nuevo en estos proyectos y me preguntaba si alguien podría ayudarme a encontrar información sobre cómo hacer esto.

Casi estoy pensando en algo como un Walkietalkie con múltiples canales. El canal 1 dispara el relé 1 y el canal 2 dispara el relé 2. ¿Cómo puedo hacer un circuito para hacer esto?

Cualquier ayuda es muy apreciada.
[/CITA]
hermano soy nuevo en este foro, pero quería darte una idea. Controle dos Relé con un circuito de carrito a control remoto. Es muy fácil. Si quieres saber cómo se hace dímelo nada más.
Bienvenido a AAC.

Desafortunadamente, por razones prácticas, el idioma de los foros de AAC es exclusivamente inglés. Algunos miembros usan traducción automática, como Google Translate, que es lo que estoy usando para "hablar" español.

Espero que si puedes hablar inglés o participar de esa manera.

[Welcome to AAC.

Unfortunately, for practical reasons the language of the AAC forums is exclusively English. Some members use machine translation, liek Google Translate, which is what I am using to "speak" Spanish.

I hope that if you can either speak English or participate that way.
]