Wireless mouse without usb receiver

JniTech

Joined Aug 8, 2017
Hi,
I recently buy a Wireless optical mouse without the reciver for really cheap. But I search on the web and apparently the mouse with only work with it real receiver. It not possible to connect to mouse with another ?
Thanks.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi,
I recently buy a Wireless optical mouse without the reciver for really cheap. But I search on the web and apparently the mouse with only work with it real receiver. It not possible to connect to mouse with another ?
Thanks.
You may have just found out why it was really cheap.

Depending on the mouse, you might be able to pair it to different receiver -- or you might not.

First you need to find out if there is way to repair that mouse. Then, if there is, you need to find out what kind of receiver is needed and get one. The steps you follow from there will depend on the mouse and the receiver.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
It was really really cheap and I was thinking I can do something with it.
Thats an argument.
Can you confirm its not a bluetooth.
Also I think the receivers are universal (but not sure). They could be. If you have none its not making too much sense and I dont think they are sold separately.

Some of these have a pouch for the receiver dongle.

If you have Android turn the bluetooth on and check for a button, turn the mouse off then on and work the pushbuttons and see if it comes up.

JniTech

Joined Aug 8, 2017
I check bluetooth on my iPad it detect nothing and also with a Windows 8 PC tablet result are the same. There is one button for DPI switch and it say on the package 2000 DPI. Thanks for the help

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
have you made sure its on? Did you press the buttons? You may need to turn off the bluetooth, turn on again, then turn on the mouse quickly, or it wont recognize. Mine needs both buttons pressed somehow to pair, and of course wont recognize just so, need to freshly turn on the bluetooth and also after that turn on the mouse. If it has no switch for on off and a DPI switch chances are its an older wireless kind.If you ask me.

Where did you buy it dont they have information? Was it some junk gadgets grab bin? Online?

JniTech

Joined Aug 8, 2017
I test everything you say it certainly not bluetooth. I buy the mouse from a local store for really cheap. There is not a lot of information on the package 2.4Ghz wireless, work in a range of 33 ft, 3 button and a scroll wheel, resolution up to 2000 DPI, USb connection plug & play compatible and Use 1 AA battery. I search on the internet for the brand I find nothing. It made in China. THanks for helping.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4GHZ-Wir...use-PC-Laptop-with-USB-Dongle-US/311683627620
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4GHz-USB...ordless-Optical-Gaming-Mice-With/332550331977

For reference, a large letter upto 25mm costs GBP 3.15 via post office retail here in the UK
As package, about GBP 5

So even if we could manufacture wireless mouse here in the UK for zero, we still could not compete with the chinese.
Not to speak the logistics costs, to wrap, process orders, and transport to pickup. Pay tax, now youre kidding me.

JniTech

Joined Aug 8, 2017
I was just wanting to know if I can do something with the mouse. I have a last question it say 2.4ghz so it connect by wifi ?

cqexbesd

Joined Dec 16, 2017
I was just wanting to know if I can do something with the mouse. I have a last question it say 2.4ghz so it connect by wifi ?

It’s possible but unlikely. WiFi is just one of many things that use the 2.4GHz spectrum. It is more likely to be a proprietary, but probably very common, protocol.

If you have friends with similar mice I would ask to try their dongles. Failing that, maybe use an SDR receiver to see what sort of modulation it’s using and go from there.

If you look online you will see a lot of 2.4GHz communications chips. Probably one of them can be made to speak to the mouse though I imagine it won’t be simple unless you find some documentation.

Andrew