What is common fault in wireless mouse, the pointer / cursor is not working

abdulbadii

Joined Aug 30, 2017
What is common fault in (China made) wireless mouse, its movement capability is gone so the pointer/cursor is not working or cannot move while the rest of functionality is working normally i.e. either click, wheel, pushed wheel (some say it's middle click)

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What is common fault in (China made) wireless mouse, its movement capability is gone so the pointer/cursor is not working or cannot move while the rest of functionality is working normally i.e. either click, wheel, pushed wheel (some say it's middle click)
The most common fault is loss of connectivity.
Reboot your computer.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

As you say that the buttons are working, have a look at the optical sensor.
Maybe durt is blocking it.
Also you could try using it on an other mousemat, as some will not work with the sensor.

Bertus

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
My experience with an optical mouse of the wired type is that when the pointer does not move, the surface is not suitable to provide adequate reflection. A weak battery may also result in not enough reflection

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
... Frequently, the battery contacts, including the two charger prong tips in the center, require light brushing with a fine grade abrasive paper, followed. by a spray or two of contact cleaner. The battery terminals (on the battery) also can be lightly sanded and sprayed. This seems to improve current flow and overall performance, for some period of time.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Assuming this is an optical wireless mouse. Check the optical windows for the imaging device and LED. You must use it on an optically textured surface -glossy surfaces rarely do it. I took a hobby knife and scratched striations into the surface of the writing shelf of my desk to get my mouse to respond to movement.

I was given an optical mouse right as they started to come up but after about the tenth time I drove it off my desk onto the floor I went back to a wired mouse, no more bending over to pick it up.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I decided that since I never use a computer mouse without the computer, and as I always sit close enough to my laptopcomputer to see the screen, that there was no reason at all to go to a wireless link between the mouse and the computer. So what I lose is not the mouse, but rather the chance to broadcast my activity to aall in the area, and needing to recharge batteries. What I do not lose is that mouse, as it's tail always follows it around, showing me where it is hiding. So I wonder, who does use a mouse without a computer?