Wireless Modules Project

halo1987

Joined Oct 13, 2006
Hi I am doing my electronics and communication engg . I have to do a project where i need to implement a setup so that i can get the data from the various sensor that are setup and i must be able to monitor the data on system and i am supposed to use any one from FSK,Bluetooth,ZigBee . But i dont have any knowledge about what product should i buy for my use and how to install that product and do i require any other components to make the product communicate with the sensors .I am not able to find any practical information on net like how to implement it etc. All I am getting is theoritical .I would be thankful to you if u can provide me enough information regarding this and can tell some sites or name of books where I can find the required info .
Thank You . Please help

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

First, FSK (frequency-shift keyed) is a modulation technique. Bluetooth and ZigBee are communication protocols.

As far as making the decision, you will have to dig into mfr's spec sheets and such to find out which suits your needs best. Things like range and bandwidth are very significant. You are the one with the requirement, and should be able to digest the information from the two protocols well enough to see which will work for you.

My guess would be that ZigBee has more choices and less expensive hardware, but without knowing anything about your project's requirements, it's impossible to make a recommendation.

halo1987

Joined Oct 13, 2006
thanks for your reply .

The sensors in my project are the various instruments that measure different medical aspects of the patient like BP etc. . Someone suggested ZigBee for it but as I am a major newbie so I am not able to get much info required .
Please tell me something about how to implement it . Tell some sites etc.
Thank you ..

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Look at Freescale Semiconductors for a line of Zigbee transcievers. Panasonic also make communication modules for that protocol.