Wireless Inductive coupling transfer

Fatimah Zahra Madihij

Joined Jul 12, 2017
Hi,
i m searching how this circuit work at the internet. but i didnt found it enough. could you explain to me how this circuit work?
i attach a picture of this circuit. please your help.
because i must explain it at class this monday july 17

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

As it is homework, please give us your ideas about the circuit.
What kind of oscillator topology is used?

Bertus

Fatimah Zahra Madihij

Joined Jul 12, 2017
the circuit is capacitive voltage divider with bipolar transistor. capacitive voltage divider, like its name divide voltage but using capasitors. voltage is inversely proportional to the capacitance value of the capacitor. So, the capacitor with the smaller capacitance will have the greater voltage, and, conversely, the capacitor with the greater capacitance will have the smaller voltage.

but i dont know why capacitive voltage divider using bipolar transistor, and how the current flow to the coil

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The transistor is biased by the 5k1 resistor.
The capacitors on the base are for decoupling.
How do you think the coils are arranged?
Do they for a coupled pair?

Bertus

Fatimah Zahra Madihij

Joined Jul 12, 2017
Hello,
sorry i dont get it what you mean how the coils are arranged, the coils are arranged by 2 turns, at the center is the input of power supply, and
at the 2 points of coils are the input of output from collector transistor.
yes, they for a coupled pair.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,
i m searching how this circuit work at the internet. but i didnt found it enough. could you explain to me how this circuit work?
i attach a picture of this circuit. please your help.
because i must explain it at class this monday july 17

Hi,

How specific do you have to be with this question?
Do you have to know how mutual inductance works, or can you guesstimate how well they couple?
For example, can you assume a perfect coupling or just some factor or not?

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi, MrAI

i want to know how the current flow from the circuit to the coil

Hello again,

What other information do you have?
I ask because i see they give you the diameter of the coil, so it looks like they want you to calculate the coupling factor yourself. But maybe they gave you the coupling factor verbally and that would simplify the procedure.

All i can tell you without more info is that the coil forms a center tapped transformer and with some inductance it will resonant with some of the capacitors. It is also kind of hard to read the values of the caps too though.

If you dont have more information then how you proceed depends on what you've done up to this point in your coursework, or else you can ask the instructor for more information. If we were to tackle it head on we'd have to calculate the mutual inductance first and even then we'd have to assume some specific wire spacing for the two turns.

As Bertus mentioned, you may have to just look up the circuit to find out what topology it is and then go from there. I dont know what you are allowed to do in your course either.