Wireless image transmission

bearboss_85

Joined Jan 10, 2007
Hi friends,

I'm just had this assignment that was just given to me.. :confused:
Can anybody assist me on how do i gonna find some information related to this topic.. ( I'm only learn to use the Motorola 68HC11 micro-controller chip all through this year.. )

Thanks!

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

The modern technique can be a bit hairy. Digital transmissions use so much bandwidth that they have to broadcast multiple carriers/modulations. You might be interested in looking up how television does it's thing. There's even a discontinued method called facsimile that was used to send images over phone lines.

We might be able to give better help if you gave us a better idea of the nature of your assignment,

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Even the modern version should be. I was specifically thinking of the old photo transmission which clipped the photo to a rotating drum. The scan was done by advancing a CDS cell over the rotating image, and converting the varying resistance to a tone sent over the phone handset.

bearboss_85

Joined Jan 10, 2007
The objective of this project is to develop a RF transmitter and receiver which
transmit images from a PC to another via wireless connection. Required skills:
computer programming and microcontroller.

Do you guys have any ideas?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

An image in the computer is just a block of numbers. Decide on the wireless technology you're going to use and see what it takes to make that work. After that, it's just a data transfer.

bearboss_85

Joined Jan 10, 2007
Thanks for the advice... In all wireless technology, what do think the most simple wireless technology that I can apply into my project using micro controller and programming?

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
When did fax machines become obsolete?
They became obsolete in the early '60s, but this oblsolescence didn't slow down sales or product development.;)

Note that Gray's code over phone lines is only one way to send a fax. Analog techniques have also been used. Marine units relied on 16-step FSK up until at least the early '90s. Scanner would develop frequency based on how dark image was at point being scanned. Scaner would also transmit pulses for synchronisation. Reciever would develop voltage across a blade electrode and a helix electrode based on recieved frequency. Burn mark darkness on wet paper would correspond with original. Helix rotated on drum at rate determined by synch pulses. Paper stepped foreward accordingly.

Maintaining these clunky old nightmares was a bit of a challenge.