Wireless doorbell questions

nt6

Joined Dec 28, 2014
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with this? I have this SL-6166 in this post, can someone please tell me what two points I can jumper to make this doorbell chime manually? I do have the doorbell button trnasmitter, and it does work when pressed, but that is wireless. I need to find a way to use a jumper wire and manually jump the circuit board to make the chime go off without the wireless transmitter button. I am trying to have myhome automation "trigger" this doorbell chime from a device that will send a "closed" thru 2 wires to two points on the circuit board. I can't use the wireless button transmitter in my setup. Thanks in advance.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC.

Congratulations, you have practiced the arcane art of necromancy, the revival of a long dead thread. Likely the OP (Original Poster) has solved his problem in the years that has passed, or thrown it away, or something.

In addition, A thread belongs to the OP (original poster). Trying to take over someone elses thread is called hijacking, which is not allowed at All About Circuits. I have therefore given you a thread of your very own.

This was split from Wireless doorbell questions

nt6

Joined Dec 28, 2014
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with this? I have this SL-6166 in this post, can someone please tell me what two points I can jumper to make this doorbell chime manually? I do have the doorbell button trnasmitter, and it does work when pressed, but that is wireless. I need to find a way to use a jumper wire and manually jump the circuit board to make the chime go off without the wireless transmitter button. I am trying to have myhome automation "trigger" this doorbell chime from a device that will send a "closed" thru 2 wires to two points on the circuit board. I can't use the wireless button transmitter in my setup. Thanks in advance.
The attached pic of the board is from an older question on here, so credit the pic to that author.

Attachments

nt6

Joined Dec 28, 2014
Alright, I kept at it and got it to work, and then it went bad. I figured out that by jumping from the little green board with the black blob on it #3 pin to "J5" on the main board, next to the +speaker wire. This made the chime work manually about 75% of the time. When it didn't work, it did nothing at all. This finally stopped working all together after about 2 hours. So, I think I probably blew a diode or something. The point is yes, it can be done, but, I couldn't find a way to do it correctly. So this question can be marked as closed. Thank You.