Wireless audio link

ChrisR

Joined Aug 17, 2009
There must be something already out there, which I don't know about, which I could use or adapt.

Problem: Deaf person wants to feel the beat of the music she's dancing to.
So I'm looking for a device I can put near the source with mike and transmitter, to send audio to a small device on her wrist - watch sized preferably, to vibrate on the beat. Maybe using a speaker without its cone.(Or maybe a rotating weight vibrating deviceas in a phone).

Like a TV sound relay - but I've only seen wired ones of those, or bluetooth. It MAY be possible to plug something in to the music player, but I don't know, and that may shut off speakers. So a microphone would be most general purpose for her.

(I realise I could program a phone to strap on her wrist, but the mike would pick up all sorts of low frequencies, and it's too big really).
Ideas?

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Use ESP8266 or ESP32 for wireless audio link.

Google "ESP8266 Audio Link" or "ESP8266 Audio Streaming". Lots of
projects.

Regards, Dana.

ChrisR

Joined Aug 17, 2009
Thanks all. I decided to go cheap and simple - a wireless microphone + transmitter + receiver is less than a tenner. I'd never actually seen one so it didn't occur to me. The Rx needs an amp on its o/p; I think I could use a Butterworth filtered LM386, or TDA2003 for a phone wobbler output, though it would come out bulkier than I'd like.