Windows 10

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Anyone upgrade to windows 10?
How is it?
I signed up for it, but heard you couldn't hide an update to keep it from installing. I had just fought a problem with an update for windows 7 that didn't like one of the drivers for my virus software. Took me a while to figure out which one was the problem, but I would have been toast if I couldn't hide it because every morning it was installed again. But I see there might be a program for that now. Anybody have reason to try it yet?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I'm running Win10 on a new laptop (which came with Win8.1 which I didn't really like ....too cell-phone oriented), after being used to XP on an old laptop, so this old dog has to be taught a few new tricks :).
Experience to date is good. It has nice improvements over XP (although it won't run old 16-bit software, even in compatibility mode). No probs so far with automatic updates.
You do have the option to uninstall an update.

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I just updated last night fairly easy to adjust to. I have a couple of minor UI beefs ( the task bar hides part of the screen; I set it to auto hide to get to the bottom of the screen in full screen apps.