Windows 10

What do you think of Windows 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
Please post your Windows 10 experiences in this thread.

I'll start with my own: I've not yet tried it, and don't really intend to until Microsoft stops supporting Win8.1. Currently, I wouldn't recommend that anyone else upgrade to it either, since I've heard that it's extraordinarily buggy. I'm curious to see what experiences others have with Win10, and whether they love it or hate it.

PS: I already know of two members who hate it.:p

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Never tried it and I dont have any intention about doing so.I tend to stick with proven OS like win xp,win7,winNT

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I haven't decided yet but I plan on upgrading my wife cause she hate Win 8.1 and I found a way to get a some what free copy of window 10 but not sure how legit it is..

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I haven't decided yet but I plan on upgrading my wife cause she hate Win 8.1 and I found a way to get a some what free copy of window 10 but not sure how legit it is..
If you have a legit install of Win7 or 8, its a legit free, full upgrade. Whether you want to be a pioneer is up to you (they're the ones face down on the prairie with the arrows sticking out of their backs). I'll wait a bit..
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx

EDIT: I love the first lines of this article - linked from the Win10 upgrade page.
Win10 makes your computer more like a tablet or smartphone!
I mean, where do I sign?

Last edited:

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
I've Upgraded my 2 lenovo desktop and i must say it's doing great, it's still too early to evaluate in detail but ,but at first glance i notice better performance on ATI catalytic graphics card as output to tv Display than in in Win7,on my other HP laptops i notice better wireless in Win 10 , in Win 7 it did not work well on my Xfinity wireless router,i had to use My other Router with WRT software but only could get half speed, now all run great.

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
Windows 10 is not bad and it's not like windows 8.1 and it works faster then 7 and xp I ate 8.1 . But the 10 is really good eveything worked on it meaning all my dumb windows only compliers.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
My computer's hardware only can run xp3, it's P4 2.4GB, if I want to do the software upgrade then I have to upgrade my hardware first, that situation like as the WinTel age, I just read the news from the internet, the news talking about the the MS policy changing, because they trying to get the personal infos as google did, they just for the benefit of Ads, when you get the win 10 then MS got your personal infos and sell your infos to the ads companies, if MS can get billions members then how much money they can earn from those infos?

Google provided many services for free, they got so much users infos, and that's how google make money, now MS changing the policy not to sell the products, just want to get the users infos, who will be the winner, we are just drink the tea and waiting to see.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys i just did a Win 10 clean install after i had Upgraded on one of my HP laptop and everything was smooth now it looks clean fills clean runs great,
before i had the synaptic pointing device icon on my task bar and i could never get rid of it despite hiding it,it kept coming back on boot, so i will do clean install on all my machines.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
I've got Windows 8 on my 2012 vintage computer and the little Windows icon has now appeared on my taskbar.

I have developed a phobia about installing new software and I don't know if I will be better off or worse if I do install it. So I'm waiting to hear from others who have been the "Guinea Pig". :p

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
I've got Windows 8 on my 2012 vintage computer and the little Windows icon has now appeared on my taskbar.

I have developed a phobia about installing new software and I don't know if I will be better off or worse if I do install it. So I'm waiting to hear from others who have been the "Guinea Pig". :p
If you uninstall Windows update #3035583, the Win10 nagware will be deleted from your PC and its taskbar icon will permanently disappear.;) Besides doing that, I've also hidden the update to avoid reinstalling it, which can easily happen otherwise because Microsoft cleverly gave it Important status for Win8 users.:p

(See http://www.ghacks.net/2015/04/17/how-to-remove-windows-10-upgrade-updates-in-windows-7-and-8/)

EDIT: From this article, it seems like upgrading to Win10 (and downgrading) is easier than I thought. I might actually try it once Microsoft gets the bugs in it fixed.

Last edited: