Windows 10.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I was on another thread and MAX said something about downloading windows 10.

Is it available to download now?

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
A 'Get Windows 10' icon just showed up on my Win7 taskbar. It allows you to reserve the Win10 download when ready and also links to this Microsoft site. The last I read was July 29 availability.
As always, I'll wait awhile..

Last edited:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Joe, your just the guy I needed.

On my hard drive, I have a small swap file, then the first partition has linux mint. The second has ubuntu and the third has debian.

I installed debian last, so I boot thru that grub, right?

Now I want to delete debian. If I boot to ubuntu.......delete the debian part. Can I just update grub?

Will I get the grub menu back on boot? Is that the way it works?

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Norton just popped up a message that Win 10 support was 'coming soon'. No definitive word on whether that was going to be ready for W10 on July 29..
As always, I will wait..

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
As always, I'll wait awhile..
I too usually wait until after the update rate dies down, but Win8 is such a dog with a touch screen that I'm going to gamble and get the update as soon as I can. If Win10 turns out to be more of a dog, I'll restore my Win8 image...

I do most of my "work" (email, Office, surfing internet, automatic backups) on an old XP machine; so having a "broken" ultrabook won't be much of a hardship. But I will wait to see how things work out with the first upgrade before doing the laptops running Win7. My Kids need theirs to work; I barely turn mine on anymore...